Twinkle Toes!
Every since I was at school, I have wanted to learn how to dance properly.
One of the draw-backs about being tall at school was that I was always the 'boy' in Dancing. Hence I have no idea how not to lead a dance.
We have just started them at the country club. I missed the first lesson due to the snot monster, but I have managed to pick it up in the last 2 lessons. So far I can do the 'box step' in waltz and just yesterday we learnt Fox trot. Next week is Rhumba.
I am so busy not looking at my partner, for fear of laughing and loss of concentration! I have to mentally count in my head and remember which leg I am up to. Then I have to give in to my partner to being led. So far, we keep switching throughout the lesson, so i can have up to 3 partners per lesson. Which is good, as some are better leaders than others! They also try to trick me alot, to make sure I am paying attention! I am trying really really hard to be led around the dance floor, so far it's not too bad. I do have momentary lapses of concentration which end up with twisted legs and flattened toes!
There is a variety of guys in the class to. One guy who works in the same building is a professional dancer, so he's always fun to dance with.
I don't think I'll ever be a Ginger Rogers, or be on Dancing with the stars ... but I hope to be able to appear demure on the dance floor.... eventually!

1 Comments:
My wife and I learned the Tango to do at our wedding (of course, she wasn't my wife yet when we learnt it, obviously). I thought it was a fun thing to do and there was no way I was going to do a trad waltz. Back then, I thought we looked cool but after watching Dancing with the Stars the other night... man, we sucked.
Post a Comment
<< Home