The Royal Hoo-har
The Royal Adelaide show.
Ute Comp.
This year it was very very average! The same people in charge were in charge the previous years ... which should have rang alarm bells to start with.
They couldn't organise a root in a brothel!
That's it. I quit. I will never enter my Ute in the Royal show ever again!
I don't know where to begin.
The fact that we were not allowed anywhere near our Utes for the whole day, might be one reason.
I got around this by backing it right up to the arena barrier that I could reach over and throw stuff in the back.
The fact that some silly bastard told me not to have a rum at 0800. I put it in my drink bottle then. (the show wasn't even open at that stage!)
The bit about not being allowed to go and stand next to them during judging, because there was a couple of horses in the middle of the arena.....
No way of knowing when you were being judged for what ... apart from Scott McBain wandering around with his clip board.
The really nazi attitude of show 'officials'.
The awards bit - was very very poorly done, and most people didn't get their ribbons until after the grand parade.
Most people were very very dissapointed, and the fact that a very feral Ute got Grand Champion is beyond me! (although I am very jealous of his exhaust! Sounds awesome!)
I did however get 1st in Female Owner Driver, and Aj, one of my old housemates, who's on KI, got 2 third places.

Lou and her ribbon

AJ and his ribbons
I did spend most of the day meandering around the show, with Dooley and Jasmine. We went on the Ferris Wheel which was fantastic fun!
I caught up with the latest happenings in the Scout display ... bloody hell, they are making rovers younger, or I am getting way too old!
Scabbed our way through the tasting SA pavilion, and scoffed alot of dukah and olive oil, sampled much crappy wine, and some nice ones.
Tromped around the big pavilion.... bloody hell, there were alot of those religious stands this year!
Aj and I cruised trhough the dog show. Champion of breeds today. Ok, I have changed my mind on what type of dog I'd like. I saw a bit of a big one today, a Mastiff. not a bull mastiff, but an ordinary one. They are huge, but don't eat that much, the guy said about $10-12 a week! They are a bit lazy, don't mind hanging about on their own, as they sleep alot, and only need about 30mins exercise a day. They would make an awesome security dog! They apparantly have a pretty sweet temprament to, and are good with kids. I suppose you could ride them like a horsey!
Bugger me, the price was steep..... $1,000 for a puppy! Just a pet, that the breeders wouldn't show.
Oh well ... all food for thought.
The show was fun, especially as I was shopping around for a few house things, trying to get show specials!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home