Canberra ... Smamberra! Part Two
ok, where was I ?
Oh yeah, I checked in, flight to Canberra uneventful, walked the entire length of Melb terminal to get to the next gate for the flight to Canberra. Which is no mean feat in pointy heels.
Get to Canberra. This is the fun bit.
I decide to organise the hire car shit first, and then go look for my bag ... I am met by a large spikey bleached blonde grumpy guy, who may or may not bat for the other team, sorted out the arrangements etc. (how hard is it to split payment, travel card, my card ...??)
With keys in my hot little hand .. a zippy Lancer, I wander off to collect my bag ... the collection point is deserted, with a crappy wee bag going around and around. Where is mine?
What backpack they ask? MY farken backpack I say! No backpack here they say, Poo says I.
I leave a description and they say they'll courier it.
So you should says I.
I make my way to work, I am pretty good and map reading and driving at the same time.
It's all good.
I call Qaint-arse a few times during the day .. seen my bag?? nope they say. We'll call you when we find it they say. Hurumph says I.
I call my boss to say I'm here ok, and guess what? - I have no clothes. He laughs!
Guys at work are pissing themselves, saying the bag has gone to Bali and will return full of drugs! hardy ha ha I say.
I call boss again, late in the arvo. Canberra does not do the late night shopping thing so I need to make a decision ... go buy knickers and other stuff, or go Commando! Boss laughs and says stay clean ... ha ha boss man!
I am starting to get the 'sulks'. It was pretty funny up until 4pm.
We ring the travel card gurus.. they say, go forth and buy stuff. Oh joy says I.
I hoon to K-mart with 10 mins to shop.
I grab shampoo, tooth stuff, new track dacks and top, and chocolate because I was feeling sad about loosing my clothes ... more so my beloved RM boots!
I also grab new knickers, got those no lines one ... ha ha joke, you can always see VPL unless you are commando!
I wander back to the hotel. I also forgot the fundamental essentials that you need when wearing trackies ... socks and shoes ... they are gonna look dumb with heels! (sigh)
Just as I settle in with some dinner .. the phone. Quaint-arse calling.
We found your bag ... great says me (after a mega purchase) won't be there until late. Where has it been says me. Melb say them ... all bloody day. Fark says I.
I eventually got my bag at 2130. had to get up put on track dacks heels and wander to reception. I looked like a complete dick head!
Saga 2-
The hotel switcheroo.
Booking on Wotif, carries a certain degree of the unknown.
Unless you have stayed before and know what to expect you are in great peril of getting a dud room.
This happened to me.
I booked one of two hotels in Belconnen. It seemed ok. A studio apartment they said, with kitchenette. Perfect.
We wander out there to check it out and also tell it that a bag may arrive from Qaint-arse, I collect my key, now .. normally this would all have been pre paid, but because I wanted to use two cards, they said I could pay on departure.
(thank god!)
We went up to check it out, the outside was very crusty and next to a bottle-o, but i was prepared to give it a go. The room was dark, stinky, and had an ensuite a cat would get brain damage in.
Run away says us!
My navigator and local guide takes me to hotel number two, much closer to work and way better looking. I get a room there no dramas.
Trouble is ... I have 2 keys being booked in at 2 hotels.
Quick thinking - get the secretary from work to call, and bullshit to the crappy hotel.
She says I have been urgently recalled, and she will drop back key. *phew* It works well. Off the hook!
I then ring quaint-arse and redirect luggage ... wouldn't want that bit to mess up!
stay tuned for the big day in Canberra!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home