Monday, August 15, 2005

Is "Consumerism" a disease?

Firstly .. is "Consumerism" even a real word ... Consumer - a person or entity that consumes.
Ism - something to do with the preceeding word.

Maybe I have "Conumer-itis".
Itis - an inflammation of the preceeding word ...

Bugger me, if I didn't consume like crazy on the weekend.
I worked on Sat morning so I had some lost time to make up for. ( and I really did do some work, I had a patient! woohoo, I actually got to do something!... The rest of the time was spent trolling the Sat paper back to front and finishing off Janet Evanovich's Latest book - "Eleven on Top")

Mum and Dad were kind enough to get me a kick arse hooded BBQ for a X-mas/housewarming pressie, So I needed to go and get a gas bottle. Simple enough (you'd think)
I even wrote a list .. not to be deviated from. Ha!

I bought 4 pair of black high heel shoes instead. Go figure!
They were very nice, 3 sensible black heels for work and play and a very sexy pair of spunky black strappy ones with diamonte toe bits for summer, or the x-mas party.

I was then in the market for a hall runner ... searched high and low. Result - still searching. Although there was a nice plain burgundy/red one at Le-crap-u (Le-cornu) huge 3.8 mt long, but it was $209. I ummmed and arrred and in the end thought it was all too hard!

Next on the list was Graph paper .. how hard do you think it was to find it? Very bloody hard, just about no-body stocks it anymore. I got chocolate coated Pinappple chunks instead at one shop after looking through there to find said graph paper.
I need it to draw/map out the kitchen for the great renovation rescue, to a reasonably acurrate scale.
Found a pad of it at an obscure newsagent. Job done.

Next - find stickers for the Garage Sale on Sat. I need them to write prices on. Found a huge arse roll of 200 for a bargain price of $3.95. Giddy Up. Job done.

My sister then co-ersed me into Target for a 'look' Ha. Ended up with some cute arse baby stuff .. well, there seem to be alot of baby's around, so it was only logical.
Although some of it was so cute I may have to put it in the 'hope chest'

All in all, not a bad day, 4 pair of shoes, baby stuff, graph paper and stickers, and an empty bag of choc-pineapple (Kath helped devour those to ... i did not eat it all on my own!)

And to all the smutty thinkers ... I still don't know about big feet, big hands etc ... ! But you never know ..........

3 Comments:

At 5:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might be a chance to find out at Dookie......

: )

 
At 9:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It bugs me that every time I try to leave a flirty comment on this blog, it doesn't appear!! Bah to internet saucyness!!

 
At 9:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now its working!! That'll teach me to be flip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home