Friday, July 22, 2005

Hammer Time ... you can't touch this!

Well .. last night i was a bit more excited than a young lady ought to be!

I took an early minute from the Country Club to go a-tool-shoppin' again .... this time i checked out the local Stratco mega mart near my place.
Why are tool shops so friggin' cold ??? I know it's in a big shed an all, but geeze ... you could work on heating a bit!

I got the individual hammer drill bit, a 6mm, that was easy, as it had the red plug picture on it! So simple.
Then I checked out plumbing to ... and got me a set of Tube Spanners, on special for $7, and I gave in and got a groovy Tap set with a reseater in it for $10, came with all sorts of washers, and stuff .. even that slippery white tape stuff!
I grabbed a few bits and pieces and off I went.

I am getting good at this stuff.
I changed all my shower taps, they were the hard bastards in the wall, even changed the spline bits .... whatever, the long metal jobbie is .. now I have NON-leaking taps Hooray!

I had a crack at the Hammer drill, but bloody hell, it's a bit tricky! I went slow to start with, but the stuff on the walls is pretty soft and it keeps crumbling, I only got 2 wee plugs in. So I don't have my new shower rail or basket jobbie up yet!
Might have to call on someone who knows more about it than me! I tried to drill through the mosaic mess there, and it slipped all over the place, I even tried to make wee hole with a nail, but to no avail ...

Next time!

I am off out to dinner tonight so I asked for an early minute ... yippe! I need all the time I can get to look half respectable!

1 Comments:

At 10:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it so unusual that people find it empowering once they find hardware. I've had a chair to replace a supporting screw for months now, and have even been the recent giftee of the appropriate power tools for the job.... I just can't find the passion.

More power to ya, Lou!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home