Tetchy smetchy!
Eeeeekkk!
I cracked a wobbly!
Last night .. after spending all day and most of Thursday with my National Poo bah, I'd had it up to the eye balls with corporate wank and "value adding" speak! what sort of crap arse wank word is that ? "value adding" for fu-cucking sake, just say "that will be good for us" So many wanky words .. I even nearly shouted out Bingo, when someone metioned "synergy" in a meeting. Instead I gufuffled under my breath and tried to look like i was clearing my throat.
I really have to learn to talk the talk ... So far I am more of a 'tell it like it is' kind of girl.
"Your dumb .. piss off" instead I should say ... "I'm not sure you fully comprehend the situation and maybe you should return and discuss this matter later when you have examined the subject matter more carefully and can value add to the topic at hand"
Anyho, I did have a small win in my favour, but had to be subjected to all sorts of bullshit, much of which there was alot of mental eye-ball rolling and slapping of forehead. Plus I had to relent to taking on a fairly comprehensive roll and now have to be entirely responsible for the welfare of ALL departments and their travels. They buttered me with rubbish like .. we are much more confident that you understand what you are doing, and you have the most experience .. blah blah blah.
My small win by the way, was having bandanas made for a day in the ACT I am coordinating. Big woopdy Chook. But at least it was MY idea and I don't have to subject my 'people' to crappy things like egg and spoon races and meaningless crap pamphlets! I wanted something different, and bandanas are cool and you can keep it and reuse it.
unfortunately the 'consultant' (should read: lazy person who is using us as a cash cow) thinks that 3 legged races and egg and spoon things are fun, but I tend to disagree, me, being of a fun nature, does not envisage, sciencey smarty pant people seeing kindagarten games and interesting or fun.
I'd like interesting and different.
She also fibs a bit and has not been entirely truthful, by saying the PT instructors we wanted are going on a "ski trip" and therefore unavailable. That was entirely RUBBISH.
Enough of her .. she is also contributing to the ulcer!
Anyway, back to the spit.
Last night I got home, and my dear parents have been extremely helpful all day with tidying and packing of things. Anyway I wanted to put on a DVD I borrowed. Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama. Great.
When I put it on, the surround sound jobbie, it had nothing coming out of it. Turns out, dear dad had been fiddling with the remote to listen to the radio.
I don't use the remote as it looks like it could launch a space shuttle with all it's buttons etc (it even glows in the dark) I only use it to alter the sound level. Loud or really loud!
Anyway, i cracked a spazz, and tried to get him to recall the exact button. I'd also packed the 100 page instruction manual.
Small thing, but after a day and a half of National Poo Bah hell, on top of PMT, on top of packing, on top of utility companies who's customer service points are not that friendly. (Apart from AAPT .. who were refreshingly funny) And on top of shitty weather, longs days at work, and general anxiety of work. I cracked!
I did feel bad, and I'm sorry.
I could not have finished packing by myself, There is is just Sooooo much stuff, and there is still more to go!
Dad and i went on a box run on Thursday night to 3 drive throughs ... also came home with 3, 6 packs! Fantastic work!
Anyway, lunch break is over. I have to sort out some MORE crap .. surprise surprise, and Kath has just bought around something with Chocolate in it ... gimme gimme gimme!

3 Comments:
What you should reply is "I'm wholly sympathetic to your points of view but of course what we really need to do is align our visions so that we can leverage maximum value for the team and optimise the synergistic components of our multi-disciplinary activities, with the shared objective of achieving a quality focussed outcome for our clients."
Nah - on second thoughts, forget it. Just tell 'em to stop wanking and get on with the job.
Oh lou! We feel for you mate. Having just been through the same thing only 6 weeks ago, I can only too well understand the coiled like a spring thingy.
Hope your settlement goes thru smoothly...
Lea Jon and Lucy.
PS Kate from scrapbooking says 'hi', and congratulations on the house.
Agh, just kill 'em all and let God sort it out.....
: )
Post a Comment
<< Home