My Life as a box and other stuff
Well, yup. Settlement date is fast approaching and I keep thinking I have forgotten to do something very major, but can't put my finger on it.
The cavalry arrived yesterday arvo in the form of parental units! Yay Mum and Dad! I have left them with a list to keep them occupied for the day (hopefully .. but I just spoke to them and they were out shopping!)
Most of the house looks like one giant Box Party! There is also a fair amount of fluro orange post-it notes on furniture designating it's new location, and also labelling cupboards as 'empty' and 'op shop' piles.
I am pretty frazzled at the moment, and keep having some very major blonde moments .. and for a red-head, that's very disturbing!
I am sure it will "all come together on the day" as they say.
Just had a chat with the conveyencing dood, and hope to be able to get my key about midday on Monday ...
so at high noon ... on the 4th of July, this gal will be striding into the OK Corale Bar (the agents) and slappin' her hand on the desk, and sayin' "send her up bar-tender" Hopefully the drink (key) won't wizz on by like in the Kenny Everette clips, and I won't have to say "gosh darn" and spit into a spittoon!
Anxiety levels have stabilised and I am operating at a level that looks quite normal to the casual observer, but to the trained eye, there is a tightly wound spring. And if things go pear shaped I am sure I'll pop!
So sit back and relax Max ... enjoy the ride!
Other matters, had a fantastic day at Kazz's Baby Shower, lots of cute stuff! (De - the swim suit set was a winner!)
Lots of wine, yummo food, and basking in the to-be-parents happy vibes!
Ness has gone to RAAF boot camp, I have slipped her my internal number incase she gets into strife. I have to go over there anyway sometime so will see if she is doing 100 push ups somewhere on the grounds! I am sure she'll be fine.
Captain Nigeria aka Dubai Dave is home for good ... he came around and we had pizza and wine, and gas bagged about all things medical / gruesome and dumb arse! He has that book, the "Corporate Psychopath" scary shit! we then regailed each other with tales of the various ones we have worked for! We are both going on a bender this Sat .. Wayne is having his 30th in town, so I am sure there will be much jockularity and silliness!
Ok, better get back to it, have to go for walkies and then to practice 'jump starting' the dummies heart ... poor Resussi-Andy, he's having quite a long day today with all the first aiders refreshing their skills .. all that spit etc!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home