Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Housing Merry-Go-Round

Singing "here we go 'round the Mullberry bush, the mulberry bush. Here we go 'round the mullberry bush, early in the morning"

Well, not so early now. Seeing most opens don't start until 11 or 12. That way I can get up, stagger outside and grab the paper off the lawn and sift through the indexed open section. Which makes it soooo much easier to cut the crap out. Or like this Sat, struggle through a hangover, shower and then go out just in time for the first open.

Another 12 houses looked at this weekend. Pics downloaded and laughed at for a second time. Stuff it... I'll just buy a mansion on the other side of the "dingo fence" and be done with it. "No!" she cries ... don't make me!
The only down side to being in the one place the last 10 yrs is the accumulation of stuff .. otherwise affectionately known as 'my crap' but it's all 'useful' and I couldn't possibly live without it.
There will be a major cull happening when I leave my beachside paradise.
Again, I spent sunday morning down the bay, having coffee and baby-cino's with Jasmine and trying to converse with a 2 year old. Then wandering the beach and trying to keep her out of the water.
Yes. Aunty Lou Lou scored a baby sitting job, while Linda saved lives overnight and Dooley partied his arse off Overseas in a warm location, taking his fatherly duties very seriously. Dooley - I had better be getting a really NICE present when you get back.
0730 am on Sunday morning, does NOT happen in my world!

I keep looking at houses and trying to figure out where the closest cafe and pub are .. is this a bad thing ?
Now I am trying to suss out, where I can catch the train to work. If I do actually manage to purchase a house, the 'ol Ute will be parked up and driven on special occassions. Maybe I should get me a motor bike ??? bugger that, it's too bloody cold in winter!

There were some really nice ones out there, but one had NO car park, and stupid council signs forbidding parking between 0800 and 1000 weekly.
Another was really nice, but I touched my head on the top beam of the alledged "car port" so there was NO way the Ute was fitting under there, and that one, there was not a snow balls chance in hell of me ever getting a 1/4 of my stuff in there ...and that's with a major, major cull.

We saw some shockers to ... "detonate or renovate" was the catch phrase there. We had one agent tell us there was a really nice one just a couple of suburbs over .. I did my "one eyebrown" raising trick and she insisted it was good value. We had a spare 30 mins so dropped by. De and I were a bit scared to get out of the Ute, the whole area had a creepy 10ft high security fence 'baxter' feel about it. And the place itself was quite nice, but just located all wrong. And as any agent worth thier weight in cocky poo would say ... "it's all about Location, location, location"

So, we struggle through another weekend of wishing and laughing. I may just put in an offer for a laugh and see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the bar and its contents off your hands.....

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home