Thursday, July 07, 2005

Brown paper Packages tied up in string ....

*sings* These are a few of my favorite things ... NOT!

And neither is newspaper or cardboard !

The last few days have made my body feel like it's a hundred and two ... Hats (and anything else) off to Moving Men!!! I don't how the hell they do it day in and day out ... What a biatch of a job!
I seriously was majorly knackered, and had a major revelation ...
Hi ... my name is Louise, and I'm a hoarder!
Not to mention, a major hoarder of alcohol ... My lovely mum was lending a hand ... and turned to me and said ..."did you know you had this much alcohol ??" I think she was relieved when I said no. I did know about how much wine I had ... but there appeared to be a bucket .... no, Wheelbarrow of other assortments, even, and I am ashamed to admit it, about a carton of West End Cans. EEEk!

It took a monumental 7 hours with removalists ... lucky my smashingly wonderful flat mate 'Ken-Doll' was there, and the ever witty 'Goat', after Ken-doll went to work .... Goat and the moving men toned it way down ... and the conversation and one liners hit the sewer ... One removalist had his hands on "my draws" and then "my box" it was all downhill from there.
I was glad they were jovial. If they weren't I may have cried and spat another dummy.
It's quite emotional moving ... very tense.

There were a few moments I had to quietly walk away, and stand in another room ... I could not watch how they actually got stuff down the stairs .... And most of it was awkward and bloody heavy ... surprisingly nothing was broken.

So now ... there is SHIT everywhere.

Mum is still cleaning up the 'beach house' bit by bit, and I have at least one more Ute load to collect. Which is my Ute's front bumper bar and some other 'car' stuff ... and my Mr Potato Head sprinkler ... priceless!

Official last day at the 'beach house' is tomm ... may be a tear or two, I have slowly been saying good byes to neighbors and the lovely people in my street. I am still invited to our street x-mas party so that will be nice.

My first night in the "bundy-lo" was last night, very weird indeed. Lots of strange noises, mainly 'Ken-doll' trying to sneak around on floor boards quietly after work ... and then me, trying to sneak quietly in the morning, he had a later start than me.
And I met my new neighbor tonight when I got home. Melinda or Melissa. Will figure that out later!
She said if the music is loud on the weekend, just tell her .... hmmmmmmm.

Ok, we are sponging dinner tonight from my bro-in law. Kath has Shingles, so mum is staying here to look after her. I delight in shouting "unclean, unclean, unclean" at her ... very amusing. That, and seeing the bro-in law hasn't had chicken pox, he had to get a jab. Hilarious stuff!

Great .. we get fed. I haven't yet unpacked the cooking stuff.
They are going to feed us Lamb Korma tomm night to! Yahoo! I should move more often... NOT!

1 Comments:

At 10:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on moving into the 'Bundy-lo'!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home