Canberra ... Smamberra! Part One.
Ok, to sum up ...
Last week, I forgot to mention I caught up with Dan P. from High school with Matt. We went to Finn McCools for a bevvie and chin wag ... bloody hell. Dan has a little one and another on the way. He also has Postural Hypotension. Amazing!
Anyho, My big A.C.T trip was on Thursday .. I hate mornings ... and 3.30am is NOT my idea of fun, especially when Sir Kendy-Shag-a-lot, cooked dinner the night before and we had a few beverages ... I must say, Hangovers and flying ... NOT a good combo.
4 Nurofen later I get to the Airport. (I know this is not the reccommended dose, but I so needed fixing and quickly!)
5 am is the official opening time, and they must turn up the sensitivity of the metal scanner jobbie ... I got frisked! (by a chick ... my bra, has too much metal wire etc in it ... hmmmm, that might have been true last year, but this year there is substancially much less!)
Tossers ... they also wanted me to take out my hair clip .. which is round by the way, and seeing it took me about 30 mins to get it in there ... I flatly refused, so they said I had to take off my shoes ... heels by the way.
I eventually got through check point charlie ... and had breakfast in the Qantas Club. Hooray.
I know they are doing a job, but they are so random it's stupid .... turn the metal jobbie up, turn it down ... piss off the public!
ahhh... morning tea and cake ... back soon!

1 Comments:
When I was travelling overseas last year, I feared the "other" things those gus can do... if I got through with a frisk I considered myself still pure. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home