Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Talking out loud!

I was on a course today .... called "How to do Presentations"

It was put on by the country club, unfortunately not accredited, but very useful all the same. And rather timely I might add!

It was a pretty small group, 10 of us. All boffins, engineers and math smarty pants ... and moi! (who fits into neither category!)

I learnt some useful skills, and just in the knick of time ... I am off to Can't-berra Thurs, to present my arse off .. and promote the hell out of our "feel better about being a work program" (not it's real name .... but that's what it's basically about)

I have an internal struggle with this program ... I can come up with all the amazing, innovative and brilliant ideas ... but I can't get any bastard to fund it or actually get off their lardy arse, and to interact with real human beings ...... what do you call it when people are too clever and can't socialise ... is that Sociopathy?

I think I will ask for an electric cattle prod on a 10ft pole ... that way I can poke the bastards, and make them come out of their hidey holes and actually pretend they remember how to make small talk!
I may aswell goose step around the country club shouting "You 'vill enjoy yourselves" ... maybe I should just wear my short nurses uniform ..... my god .. It would be the Pied Piper all over again!!!

Anyway ... I am off to motivate the Canberra-ites and bubble around and hopefully infect them with happiness and fun.
Yay ... now I am the fun fairy!
It should be a hoot ... The chickadee I have been working with is just as nutso as me, and I think we'll have a good time even if no one else does!
Mental note to self, pack thermals.

I do however have the most awesome matching luggage set now .... got it on the weekend! It reminds me of my first ever kindy case, and the school case I had in year 1. Comes with handbag and even a matching business card holder! (To be honest I really only wanted the business card holder, but I could not resist the whole set! .. will have to post a picture of it all!)
Chatterbox trunks check it out .... awesome!

righteo, my fingers are frozen, and the dog is looking hungry ... I'll be off!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dog....what dog? Sleeping at the foot of your bed is it, guarding your door...? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home