Everything Two Dollars!
Yep, two dollars, not $1.50 or $1.25, or even $1.75 .... TWO Farken Dollars. Got that Habib???
Bloody hell ... I think garage sales are waaaaaay more fun to go to, than have yourself.
A stack of work!

But it's nice to know that my collective crap is worth the sum total of $262.05! Gee up.
I deliberatly didn't put the street number, as the lady from the paper said not to, as the 'hunters' (as we will now refer to them as) stalk the street and start door knocking from 0600. Which, on a saturday is very very rude!
As it was my darling mum gave the game away by venturing out the front, ignoring my calls to stay behind the safety of the roller door and keep quiet!
We had a bit of setting up to do ... as it was she then proceeded to knock on the roller door and tell me there were people out on the street asking about the garage sale. We didn't even get time to put up signs! (turns out we didn't need to!)

Me after the onslaught .. there was not much left after all that.
In the first hour, there was a stack of hunters ... one such chick blew me away, she was pretty prisseed up, and staggered in somewhat .. turns out she was on her way home (from clubbing all night) and stopped off, and bought an absolute shitload .. all of my sis's Star Trek videos (entire seasons (all of them) and a bucket load more ...
Then there was Habib and his mate and wife ... must have been Lebanese or Turkish .. bloody hell, tighter than a fish's butt. Wanted everything for nothing. I did stick to my guns, and barted like crazy. Phew worn out after them! We pretty much got cleaned out after that lot, and crazy night club chick left.
I pissed with rain for a while, but a rum cheered me up! Mum even made breakfast and coffee!
All in all, a pretty long day, my feet hurt!
But it had it's rewards .. I took my collective earnings and went on a bunning-o-rama spree!
Oh yeah .. about 2.30, I started boxing up the leftovers to take to GoodWill etc, and this family (maybe from Kilburn) straggle in, winge winge whine ... you said you'd be open to 4.30 ... well, I'm not so get stuffed.
I sold 'em a mystery bag (I can't remeber what I had put in it!) for a $1 and a box of kitchen crap for $5. They went away happy.
Most were looking for Antiques and tools ..... of which I had neither (well not for sale anyway!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home