Sunday, September 04, 2005

Happy Father's Day ....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ... Dad.

and to all my friends who are dad's. Whew, we sure are growing up now!

I spent the morning with dad hunting the Gepp's Cross markets for tools and gardening things, and bugger me, if the trippy speed lady from my garage sale isn't a dealer. The crafty tart was out there with a HUGE stall. Bitch.

We picked up a tidy shovel, rake, mega pruning jobbies, some produce, a couple of saws, and I got myself some fake Armani sunnies. (I needed a new pair anyway)

We came home, and set up for a BBQ ... sacrificing meat, or seeing I was cooking, there was very little charcol. I had my Uncle Stew and Aunty Alida pop in from Victoria to say hi and check out the new house. Kath and Mike came over to.
I discovered that cold and flu medicine and wine should maybe not be mixed ... anyway. I felt pretty good for a while. Even fell off my chair laughing at one stage.

Here is me .... being the tong master.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now ... traditionally this recipie is only for New years eve, but seeing our family is more not than often together on new years, we decided Father's Day might be good to have this.
Oliebollen. Traditional Dutch food.
Or as my family call it ... Oily lumps, or dough balls. (kind of pronounced oiley-boil-en)
We cooked up a batch and they were delicious ... incredibly decadent, and very oily, but delicious.

We did the paying out of the dad, there were some very bad dad jokes, and some even worse bad uncle jokes! Dad was teased about his nasal hair ... which has become a running joke in the family, and now he is even more determined not to trim them. Kath says that he could grow them longer and use them for a comb over when he goes bald. Much laughs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dad getting his pressie and more paying out. We got him Dr Strangelove on DVD. He was happy.

I retired back to bed after everyone had gone ... I feel good for a while and then I run out of energy. still coughing up crap, might have to give in and go see the Dr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home