8 weeks and counting!


Post wash up!
Seeing it is now 8 weeks post wedding I think I have finally caught a moment to reflect on the day!
After all the hoo-hah (and it was totally hoo-hah!) the sleepless nights, the stress and uncertainty I think it was quite a good day.
I don’t think I could have got by without the most fabulous support of the bridal party, whom I am sure thought I was a bit of a "List writing Looney" toward the end, but as long as the drinks were flowing, and someone was cooking tea it all seemed to stay on the rails.
The creepy porn star Uncle we HAD to invite, we paid for, was a no show, under some varying stories. Initially I was a bit pissed off and then thought that was stupid of me… so we celebrated the only way we knew how, by splurging his meal cost on a nice bottle of Shiraz!
He even sent a gift, mind you a very crappy one!
The day was fun, although very very long! We were on our way to the reception and both of wanted to be parked in front of the telly in Ugg boots with a nice glass of wine! Although we quickly came to our senses and realized this was going to be a fun reception!
Everyone was well behaved, there were no embarrassing rellie stories, and I think some people at the ‘work’ table were a little disappointed they could not complete their ‘spot the rellie’ BINGO cards!
I think my advice to anyone going through this is:
1. Choose your attendants well. (Someone who has already seen you at your most desperate hour or at your worst and still likes you!)
2. Try to eat something on the morning (you won’t feel like it)
3. Make sure you have enough “liquid refreshments” (Bridal party job!)
4. Wear comfortable shoes!
5. Write lists!
6. Take LOTS of photos at every opportunity! (It’s hilarious looking back on them!)
Looking back on our photos even now, we are remembering things that happened, and we still laugh lots.
I wouldn't say it was totally worth all the angst, but it was a fabulous day!
We were aiming to have a bit of fun, and there was fun indeed! Surely you would not expect anything different!

2 Comments:
it was a fun and fabulous day - we enjoyed it!
I do like the first picture - you all look positively ironed...flat that is. Im sure the original is nothing like this....way more pretty.
lea.
Thanks Lea.. yes, the joys of Fish-eye lenses! makes us look flattened out!
Post a Comment
<< Home