Thursday, December 06, 2007

Make a pact!

OK, I was pretty peeved yesterday.

Melodramatic, maybe, but I feel it was justified.

After much more discussion and tissues last night, Rob fessed up that these two Uncles also make him feel oomey. IFTUS!
Rob told me when he met one of them; he did the big dominating power hand shake to him … absolutely stunned, we were in the bloody hospital for pete’s sake!

Rob said he was only trying to tow the line, which did not come across so well, and I was feeling very unsupported in this matter. I thought the day should be about us.

In the words of a very wise young man from very far away…..
“If they don't make the effort to keep in contact with you or at least show an interest in you via your immediate family then why should they be included by virtue of being in the bloodline?”
Sentiments we both share.

He also mentioned a lot of his Uncles as being known Pratt’s.

So the plan is to split them all up, sit drinking ones with non drinking ones and then put the weirdo religious ones with the other religious denominations, and hopefully by the end of the night we will surely know who’s God reigns supreme! (Sounds a bit like Iron Chef there!)

We also made a pact; we will NEVER make our children suffer through this. Who they chose to invite is up to them. I won’t be doing guilt trips with them.

I still love my Mum and Dad and always will. They are the important ones to me, they will always get a gurnsy, no matter what!

Last night we also went a met a Reverend on recommendation from someone I work with.
After sleeping on it, we both decided there is far too much God content in the ceremony. If we wanted that we would get hitched in a church! We both don’t mind a wee reference or to, but not the amount she said we had to have.
She was pretty fixed on it all, and not very bendable at all.
You also did not get to say I DO!!! What sort of ceremony is that??? You have to say I WILL. That was the clincher for me; we have to find someone else, preferably someone with a sense of humour!

Finding something that is our personality is pretty important, we both want laughs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home