Wine is good!
Well, we had a meeting with the reception place the other Sunday Morning. He made us lattes and we laughed a lot.
Bonus points for the coffee!
We went through the entire menu, and decided on the yummiest stuff. We even discussed the girly-squat option for non-curry lovers (blasphemous!) So I am glad that is sorted and we can report that to the “monster-in-law” (Te he that is my new secret name for her!)
He also gave us the wines and champagne to take home and try out – nice one!
Bonus points here to!
The other Fri we ordered in Curry, and sat down and tried the wine. I must say, quite nice. It is their own label (well, cleanskins with their logo etc) we have yet to try the Champagne, as we were quite pissed after the 2 bottles. I am sure it will be great
Restaurant - winner!
Not much else has been done yet, we are still ‘debating’ the list. Some how it keeps growing!
Turns out there is a long lost Aunty in Queensland somewhere that Rob hasn’t even met, and now has to come… that is the other thing - Monster-in-law wants us to organise a hotel for all the interstaters to stay at, and try and get some ‘wedding rate’. The only rate I was getting was irate!
So I am now locating the nearest 3 walking distance places, and emailing them for rates. Rob wants me to include this info in the invites. Bugger ‘em I say, I’ll tell her and she can disseminate the info!
1 all.
All the relatives can stay far away from our house that is for sure! Even my folks opted to stay in a hotel until they come to Dog Sit for us. They decided to keep out of it all, but it looks like they might be holed up in the same place as the Mexicans!
I have been looking on E-bay for veils – who knew there was so much variety! Plus ugliness!
We did the big suit shopping exercise on the weekend, to work out what style would look good. Tails is the go. They surprisingly look quite good on Rob – yes, that was slightly biased, but it was better than the black velvet jacket he tried on and decided he liked, and it’s better that the original idea of wanting to wear an all purpled suit – like Prince he said – eeek I said!
1 to us.
So, finalising the list in the next few weeks, and then I can have my revenge with the seating plan! Which I will do all by my self!
At least this way Rob can say he honestly had nothing to do with it, and won’t get the “15 years of grief” he keeps telling me about. oooo, i am such an evil daughter-in-law!
1 to me!

2 Comments:
"We are free to be free
To make our own destiny
To shine like the sun
To become one
To hide under the moon
Under in the gloom
To run with the deer
To make worry disappear
To listen and to hear
To love and to fear
To make our minds be clear
To laugh and to cheer
To travel and to steer
In the path we have chosen
To be hot or cold or even frozen
We are free to be free
To make our own destiny
And to look back from the finish line
And to shout with joy and not to whine."
By Daniel Hooks
Blog: Brasil! Brasil!
www.nogueirajr.blogspot.com
Hey Lou! I just love your Blog!!
You are definitely coping well with the whole wedding planning and I totally understand about the "Monster in law"!!!!! Good luck with it all I'm sure you are doing great!!
Mel xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home