Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Home at last!

Well, after 53 long and arduous days – I finally have a DAD back!!

He was discharged yesterday and had his first night at home (well, our place anyway) He had his first home cooked meal and said he thoroughly enjoyed it!

He was napping when we got home as Mum and he had ventured up to the shops, but it was a little too much for him – with his super sense of smell he said it was a little overpowering. He will have to get used to the real world again, after so long looking at hospital walls!

I am presuming they have filled their days sufficiently today, they had a ‘rest day’ at home, tomm they are going to the Rah to see the ward he was on for so long, and give them some chocolates, I think dad mainly wants to say “nah nah nah, you thought I would never walk again!”

Anyway – that will keep them busy!

Tonight it BBQ night – another of the DAD traditions that have been put on hold!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Dad is up running round again!! He'll keep Mum on her toes ;)

Al

 
At 11:02 pm, Blogger Jason B. Standing said...

Wow, I spend some time away from your blog, and THIS happens! Glad to hear that things are on the mend. Not sure if your dad would remember me, but say g'day for me.

And big hugs for you, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home