Light at the end of the tunnel...
Where to begin??
Well lets see, last time I wrote I was back at work.
Basically working is sucking to the max. I have applied for a few jobs, had 2 interviews etc, and didn’t get it. (Oh well, not to be I suppose) I turned another one down. That one was a fly in and out position, and I don’t really want to go back there. At least I know if it gets to the point I can always take it up again.
Working is sucking so badly at the Country Club that I am having “time out” I suppose when you cry in the car on the way home from work it’s time to reevaluate if it is really worth it?
The work load is phenomenal, (and no, that is not a ha ha public servant thing, it seems there is a minority who actually do have a work ethic, and alas I am one) I have been asking for help for at least 9 months now. I have written business proposal after business proposal but there are not enough “resources” Ha.
I have had about a week and a half off now. The crying is easing up. It’s not only the work load; it’s a lot of things. When I get called to a ‘Medical Emergency’ which is some poor woman in the fetal position on the ground crying hysterically, with a complete and utter melt down, and the management won’t acknowledge that they contributed to it, and the supposed “group” we work in, failed to pass on any info about this person who was 'on the edge', I fail to see how anything will be done to “fix” this problem. In the real world, the person who contributed to it would have been sacked pronto.
The other thing was that I was being “harassed” by my “group” to attend a “voluntary seminar” of which I expressed twice I would not be attending … it was all about behaviors and values, of which my group have been trying to force feed site wide now for a while, and in the meantime they “practice” the complete opposite. Morons.
Hence I am having some time away from work, which is only building to the case that they are going to close the Health Centre, and I will have to operate it ‘remotely’ fucking Jesus. They are complete morons, not only is it against the Code of Practice, it’s completely demoralising for me, to have to run back and forth across the country club when ever any wants me, and have to have 2 offices, 2 of everything, and have to hole up in call centre office accommodation with gormless fucking morons who complain if they have more that one task. Harden the Fuck up.
Aside from all that, the bathroom has been helping out with the frustrations, We tiled and grouted, and now it’s looking quite nice. It’s starting to resemble a bathroom.
Rob has been keeping me laughing, and to be honest I have not felt particularly social of late, but I think I am getting through all this.
I suppose I have known since Oct last year that this has been coming, and stupid me has chose to stick my head in the sand and hope that it fixed itself or just disappeared. Dumb arse.
Oh well, at least I have learned from all this, that there has to be ‘me’ time occasionally. I still haven’t got my cello out yet, I might this arvo, and it’s been ages since I have played. I am not sure my grout damaged fingers will remember!
What else is new?
I am re-enrolled in Uni again this year – hope to continue with my Dux status! They have changed the format and now we are required to attend for a whole week instead of one night every week.
Woo Hoo I get to be a Uni bum again for a whole week, and I have a real income and not one of a student this time. Fan-bloody-tastic.
The fringe should be a hoot this year; we have gone a bit bonkers with tickets and are heading off to see 8 shows in all.
I have tickers to the Zeppelin Files – can’t wait for that one. We also have “Flat on your Bacharach”, “He died with a Falafel”, and many many more, including Rob’s favourite show “Chopper – harden the fuck up Australia” I am taking him to that one for his birthday, that and the “One man Star Wars” show.
A laugh should be good.
Ok, better get back to the bathroom – just waiting for some grout to dry and then we can seal it all up. Then it’s on to the garden, mum and dad are coming up, so it better look like I have been weeding etc.
I feel much better now, having vented some of my frustrations, it’s good to write some of them down, that in itself is an outlet. Helps with the craziness.

1 Comments:
I said it would be a great job. Sorry chicken, I had no idea it would be this crap. I've made you a sad panda.
Sorry. :(
Sláine
XXX
Post a Comment
<< Home