Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Relief

Well, UNI is OVER !!! Yay.

What a big relief that is, I had a crappy assignment to hand up on crappy and boring ergonomics. I did pick and interesting topic – The Army CamelBak, but even then it was hard to stimulate enthusiasm.

Especially when I was trying to write it up, and Rob keeps asking me how many bloody T-pieces and joiners he needs for plumbing … WTF? I am trying to write up my final major assignment for the year and he is asking me about plumbing – not exactly my forte.
Last night to he was asking me about 10 amp leads and 15 amp leads for his welder and asking me which lead he should get … I did mention that him asking me that was a little like me trying to ask him what gauge jelco to use in a patients arm…. He missed the point, so I just said get whatever he wants.

Work is a bit odd… Karen has been here a month now. (and she hasn’t left yet) she is quickly working out that the Grand Poo Bah couldn’t do OHS to save himself, and that all her staff are pretty much on the edge of burnout. It’s nice to finally have the oestrogen levels evened up.
We also had our OHS Christmas party at the Bombay.. It was most hilarious. Although that also meant we missed out on James’ Birthday drinks. Post Happy Birthday wishes for Mon the 13th.

I promise to write up the rest of the holiday soon … Rob had a good time snorkelling, even if it did give him very bizarre dreams in the night time. Magnetic Island was great. Reef HQ was extremely worth visiting, and we all got drunk on the last night at the pub and won a meat tray!
Getting up at 3am was the pisser though … bloody 5am flights!

Bert turned one. We made him a steak pie and took him to the Café so he could eat it. It was most amusing. But now he has got it in his head that would really like to sleep inside with us, on the bed. We say only on weekends. Hence he has taken to banging on the dog door at all very odd hours, so I have taken to running out and giving him a tap on the nose. Hopefully he will learn that knocking on the door at 2am, 4am… will bring him a world of uncomfortable-ness. I like my sleep, preferably if it is not broken, especially when it is stinking hot. We will see who gives in first.

Ok time to get one’s butt into gear and do something productive – that does not involve anything ergonomic.

3 Comments:

At 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what steve said!

Let us know how the assignment went ay.

 
At 12:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

/me squishes

Sorry for providing extra stress with AKs and crushing injuries.

Need to talk soon about Christmas. Wendy is here and would like to see you, Moss is here but prolly wont have tijme, and well, I just wanna spend some time with you and have a few quiet ones.

XXX

 
At 5:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the power point is rated at 16 amps, buy a new cover/power point which will accept the 15 amp lead on the welder ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home