Friday, October 27, 2006

Reign of Confusion

Well, I have finally finished my reign of terror as acting poo bah.

While it was nice to have a slightly different location and really nice not to be bugged by silly patients with minor requests and stupid problems, I am kind of glad to be back in more comfortable surroundings.

My 3 Mr Potato heads (Darth Tater, Spud Trooper and R2D2) that made the journey with me also seem happier to be back amongst their own kind.

I did get some nice feedback from the National Poo Bah, which now makes me suspect he is slightly bi-polar … but then again it was all verbal and not in writing!

The saga continues … In a bathroom far far away.

If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Pipes in walls, plumbing that goes nowhere (except into the ground!) Galvanised pipe that is so rusted and full of goop, a 40mm diameter becomes about 5mm! (No wonder the bathroom was flooding periodically!)

Rob and I took some time off after the long weekend in october to “install the shower” we removed a 10 tonne bath (well, it felt that heavy) screeded walls, re-did copper pipe work, dug up part of the floor, re-concreted the floor, plastered holes in the wall, and got a shower base down eventually and concreted a step to the shower. Mind you this did not all occur in the long weekend or the week after. It’s taken about another 2 weeks after that.

Although the weekend just gone saw the floor tiles layed. And, if I do say so myself, they look bloody good. I am just so happy to finally see some visual progress, although we are doing a lot, not much of it was noticeable.
I also discovered I am pretty good and cutting tiles (we had to hire a cutter as the one I bought does not cut ‘big’ tiles) ours are 400x400. I am also not too bad at laying them either.

No, this is not something I want to do again in a hurry … my bloody knees are stuffed. Grazed, sore and red. I tried Dad’s knee pads and threw them away after they cut my circulation off!

We tried to put up the white shower skin, but, surprise, farken surprise, another hitch, it’s not quite flush with the wall, so we have to construct something in a wedge fashion to put between the base and the wall … I nearly cried (again).

Mind you, at least the loo is back inside. We had it out in the garden over the weekend, while the tiles dried. Al-fresco loo was pretty funny. It was kind of nice to have the sun on your bum!

Mum and dad packed up camp last week and headed back to the “Big G” Bert has been sulking. Bert and Lady bonded in the last few days, and have been happily playing – instead of her growling at him all the time. Such a strange little dog!

1 Comments:

At 4:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the latest piccies...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home