Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's a GIRL

Well, I am officially an Aunty now.

My sister popped out a bouncing baby girl on Tuesday arvo the 18th July.

Name: Alicia Margaret

Stats are: Born at 3.07pm
Weight: 3260g (which is old weight 7lb 3oz)
Length 49cm long

She was covered in goop when we got there, we stopped off to grab the camera from home and it was born while we were essentially piss farting about!

Anyho, mother and baby are doing well, Dad is gushing which is very weird as I don’t think I have ever heard him say so much as he is now, he is very chatty.

I called them yesterday and he had given her the first bath etc, and last night he went to “fatherhood” classes, and he was allowed to take Alicia as a “show and tell” to the second half of the class.

Anyway, Gran (aka Mum) is here now, she got a ride up with Cousin Rob yesterday and Pop (aka Dad) is coming up on Friday for a few days.

Rob has decided he will be known as “cle” (pronounced Cool) Rob as he is not yet an ‘official’ Uncle. I suggested ‘Un-Rob’ or even ‘Uncy Rob’ but he likes ‘Cle Rob’ best!

Mum will be staying with the new parents during the week and seeking respite at my place on the weekends.
Dad will just be hanging out with me and visiting, I am going to put him to work moving some lights around ready for the installation of the skylight in the kitchen.

Other news

Home
Rennos continues… I entered the Sunday Mail comp to win a new kitchen, so check out this Sunday’s edition to see if I am a finalist, the more I look at the kitchen the more it is starting to shit me!

Bert has started a new puppy school with the Rottweiler club of SA, they do other dogs to … and he has a puppy Labrador “Harvey” and baby rotty “Sasha” in his class. He is a bit bored as we have to start from scratch to “graduate” through their structure, so he is just revising stuff he has done. But he really enjoys “play time” with Harvey and Sasha.

Work
I have no idea where to begin so I will just say we are in “interesting times” and it is shitting us to tears and drinking.

Social
Blast from the past – caught up with a co-worker from PNG “The Hoop” last weekend as he is here on a dredging project in the port river.
Also heard from Paul Hoey, who I haven’t spoken to in about 7 years or so that was nice to hear from him to.

Had a drunken dinner a few weekends ago with Justin and De, and both Rob and Justin were very very ill. Rob did a spectacular projectile vomit down the hall way, and Justin managed to make the toilet. It was most amusing!

Health
I was struck down with a revolting lurgy last week, and am really just getting over it now. It was officially Bronchitis and Bronchial Asthma, so Bert and I were hanging out all week together, he was my little toy destroying shadow.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the new bub and co.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
30 mins after being born - Instant Family!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Cle" Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home