Friday, June 09, 2006

Road Trip

We are off to Melb for the week. Rob’s grandpa managed to pass on to greener pastures this week, so hence we are trundling off for the “Fun-eral” and seeing it’s a long weekend, we can detour via the Mount to drop off Bert to 'Grandma-day-care'. (Mum and Dad's)
I know it’s a bit of a detour, but there are wineries involved.
Spend the night in the Mount and then head over to Melb on Sun. Hopefully in time for me to go to the Markets. I really want a chunky watch.

I looked at flights but it worked out cheaper to drive – ludicrous you say. Yes, seeing I worked it out at $1.40 pr lt. It gives a whole new meaning to Hi-way robbery
We are taking the Ute so the cruise control should assist greatly!

Seeing it’s a long weekend we managed to get the whole week off. Rob get’s bereavement leave and I get to use 2 flex days and 2 normal day’s leave. Giddy Up.

It sounds bad, but Rob is quite looking forward to the week off. Apparently Gramps was a bit of a grumpy mean old bugger. I am sure meeting the extended family will be a hoot.

OK, I am just waiting for Rob to pick me up from work … he has been a course all week at RAAF – something to do with “space” I laughed and said, yes, space is big and black. How hard is that?? He said he was sitting next to a RAAF guy who he named Ice-Man. He was the spitting image of a Top Gun Fly boy. He even did the joke about doing a fly by. He said Ice Man didn’t get it. Some people have no sense of humour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home