Chocolate overdose!
I bloody Loooove Chocolate
There is something about Easter … not just the whole religious thing either.
It’s got to be the overpriced chocolate, but the thing is, it tastes so bloody good.
You pay about $4 for about 100g chocolate in egg form, with tizzy shiny foil and in your favourite characters. I know we got suckered in to buying an M&M man for $3.95, and a Cadbury Dream egg for the same price, sum total of about 200g of delicious addictive chocolate.
Anyway, mad scientist, frustrated Chef Rob decided to “experiment” (and not in a weird way)
He purchased a whole Block of Cadbury Choccy. While manically giggling to himself, tried to tell me that it was secret what he was doing and I’d never guess.
He did bait me and said “guess, guess, you’ll never guess” I said that he was going to make an enormous egg …
He was a bit disappointed and wanted to know how I knew… I said simply, because that’s what I’d try to do!

Rob with his "creation"
He was busy trying to work out how to make his dream come true .. a super egg.
He melted the whole block in the microwave on a plate; once it was soft he was trying to pour it into a bowl. I said it would never come out of a bowl, so he wrapped it in Glad bake paper. He moulded it into a ball and put it in a container in the fridge. Meanwhile there was a lot of giggling going on.
After a few minutes I got a rather large kitchen spoon and used the handle to poke a hole in the ball, trying to make it a bit hollow, other wise there was no hope in hell of trying to eat it without requiring major dental surgery afterwards.
24 hours later and we have our super ‘egg’

It took about 20 mins to eat it all, and we had to use the super big meat cleaver to chop it up. Delicious.

What Bert thought of the whole Easter thing. (he was sulking because he didn't get any of the super egg!)

1 Comments:
Yep... a White lab coat would compliament his "Junior Mad Scientist take-over-the-World-in-3-easy-steps kit"
Post a Comment
<< Home