Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Expecting, Congratulations and Telstra sucks

Ok, a bit of a quick summing up on the last few weeks…

We conceded and bought hot cross buns .. see exhibit A.
We figured they freeze pretty good and when you feel like a ‘hottie’ you can have one.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Returning to work is way sucky … and what is even suckier .. is the complete incompetence of one of our national communications companies … Yep, the Big T.
You blow the monkeys choad. (Thanks Gringo for that very universally applicable saying!)
See email excerpt …

Update as at 11.00am ACDT Thursday 12th January 2006
Some telephone extensions remain without service, particularly in ___ Labs.
Telstra have ordered new parts from overseas.
In the meantime, Telstra have been working hard to come up with a workaround solution. Telstra have advised that they expect services will be restored later this afternoon.”

Ha ha ha … my phone still sounded like an angry wasp on speed.

Then this Telstra have advised that telephone services across __________ have been restored. A temporary fix has been implemented pending the arrival of parts from overseas. If you are experiencing problems with your telephone, or have no telephone service, you need to report a fault - on 13 blah blah or email.”
Einstein’s!
It was Wednesday the 18th I got my phone back on … which is pretty poor considering the job I was meant to be doing.

Anyway – a bit of other news.. About the expecting part. We are finally getting a puppy! We pick him up tonight from the airport. We are very very excited! Stay tuned for all sorts of hilarious puppy training stories.
We have been pretty busy the last few weeks, with the sweltering heat wave. Bloody hell, it was a bit warm. So warm, we moved into the lounge for some camping on the floor. The AC was way better in there!

Jon and Leanne had their 30th shin dig. Magnificent I must say great food, yummo wines, and a wee headache in the morning. I bet Jon’s was a good headache to, but I’ve heard you don’t get such a big headache after you have conversed with the Great White Porcelain God. J There were some hazy moments for me to, but all was good. My face hurt from laughing after that night.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Here are some pics from the night …
Image hosting by Photobucket
No wonder I had a headache!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Very mature!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Ahhh monkey see monkey do!
Image hosting by Photobucket

And now for some VERY exciting news. I have decided to go into the prestigious line of work – Match making, and seeing I was SO successful I have decided to retire from it now! A very short lived career. Quit while you are ahead I say.

A love story
Cathy my dear friend, has been a little unlucky in love over the years, we went to a few B&S’s here and there, and the last one we went to.. I think it was in March 05, she met a lovely guy. On leaving the B&S she was very undecided if she should ask for his phone number. I made her go back and get it. She was pretty happy she went back, as he called a few days later and it’s been tickity boo since then. They have holidayed together and things are great.
The other morning he took her out at sunrise to the very paddock the B&S was held in, got down on his knees and proposed !! Of course she accepted, and he made her this fabulous ring. It’s called “wire and rock” I do hear shopping for a slightly more shinier one is in progress.
Image hosting by Photobucket
side on view..
Image hosting by Photobucket
So CONGRATULATIONS to you both, I was so happy I cried!

2 Comments:

At 9:53 am, Blogger James said...

Even though Brownie uses the saying liberally, It should go on the record that I am the inventor of "Blows the Monkeys Choad".

See here

http://jamesandkaren.blogspot.com/2005/09/william-now-50-bigger.html

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger Lou Lou said...

Thanks for the Clarifications - "choad" and "fister" Have a great time in Tas-wegian Land

 

Post a Comment

<< Home