Fark knuckles ahoy .. 'tis the start of the silly season
Forgive me father .. it has been 2 weeks since my last confession …. Whoops.
Well, 2 weeks (kind of) since I have actually written anything.
Life just seems to creep up on you, grab you in a bear-hug-head-lock, give you a noogie and run away, and then you spend the rest of the time trying to hunt it down and give it a Chinese burn in return!
Where to start….?
Since we went to Shepparton and saw the funny painted cows, we have both been pretty much in a ho-hum. Rob went away to Canberra for a week, which was very strange indeed. After weeks of living in each other pockets we were separated for the first time. It was really strange.
Neither of us wanted it to happen. But I suppose we pulled through the week ok. I got stuff done around the house, and some Christmas shopping done.
The Christmas tree is up now, and the place looks ‘sparkly’ I even hung new icicle lights under the carport.
We had dinner down at the bay when Rob got back from the ACT, we headed to Gringos. Who should I bump into (well, not literally, he was doing his best to not notice me) but Hugo.
Yes, the very same guy who totally wrecked my paint job on the Ute. It was weird, we were fairly good friends for ages, since I came to Adelaide then we had a massive falling out over the crap-ola paint job he did on the Ute. Big yelling match, never seen him since. Adelaide is pretty small, and what do you know, him and some chick rock into Gringos, after about 5 years of not speaking. Well, I am pretty sure I made his night fairly uncomfortable. (Good)
I had to explain the whole thing to Rob; he thought it was pretty funny. He also wouldn’t have seen me with the new boobs to, so that would have been a shock for him!
They left before us, seems like he was scoffing his food to get out of there!
Work has been really sucky in the last few weeks … Interesting analogy. You know why the Public service is a lot like a toilet? Well, you see … because shit floats!
They harp on about we must change our culture blah blah blah.
I had a great idea. Seeing its Christmas, I said “lets send a Christmas card to divisions wishing them merry Christmas and safe new year “ you know, as a sign of good will, we care about you etc. It was met with many poo poos, and “who’ll pay for that? I got so shitty I went to the bloody reject shop and bought some bloody cards myself. Whoopdy farken Chook. $6, big bloody deal.
Anyway, now they have warmed up to the idea, and we are going to pose in silly Christmas hats and print it on the inside of the card and send it out.
I am still crusading for my fish tank idea. I will make it my mission in the span of my public life to get this bloody idea up off the ground.
I want a big arse fish tank in the health centre. It makes sense. Pets are therapeutic. Fish are calming. (All those Dentists and Dr’s surgeries can’t be wrong) We have a lot of uptight people on the site; we have to be on a good thing.
If there was a big tank, with a couple of wee web cams, that were broadcast to all our PC’s people could click on it and watch the fishes.
Each division could sponsor a fish … of course we’d have to stop some of them buying fish that would eat all the other ones, and of course some of them would want to get sharks etc. Therefore, it instils a bit of divisional bonding etc. Warm fuzzy shit.
My latest brainwave was to offer a bit of reward and recognition to individuals who do good things that are above and beyond the call of duty. Those who volunteer to do the things everyone expects but no one wants to do.
The first aiders, building wardens, people who sit on OHS committees. I want to get special lanyards made (pass holders)
I may aswell be banging my head against a brick wall. That will be my current crusade. So far, all the people I have spoken to have said it’s great … but it all comes down to. Who will pay for it ???? Bloody hell, what is a couple $$ in the scheme of everything else we do. Here have a billion trillion dollars to develop new ways of maiming and mutilating (protecting the nation), but no, sorry, you can’t have a $1000 for lanyards. Ludicrous!
Anyway. Really looking forward to the weekend, not only will it be our 2 month anniversary we are off to El Rancho to eat and drink ourself to death, plus go for a cruise around the beautiful Claire Valley.
We actually started a detox diet and general health kick, but with all the crap etc, we are really looking forward to topping up!
It’s the most insane time of year to do this kind of thing, but you have to start somewhere!

5 Comments:
Good post, but I must say that the phrase "new boobs" really stood out among all that stuff about utes and lanyards.
Can I sponsor a shark with frickin lasers on it
Jon
I wanna sexxah lanyard!!!!
Drew - "New Boobs" yep ... see a previous post called one year anniversary or something like that, explains it all. I think it was in July!
Oooo! I haven't read this blog for a while - and now there seems to be a guy on the scene. I'm so jealous.
You give the rest of us hope.
*hugs*
mary
Post a Comment
<< Home