Checklist - check!
Well, a bit of exciting news .... I am being 'wooed' Such an old fashioned word really, but I am not sure how else to describe it.
It's amazing ....
I was asked out on a date. It took a 'fake medical' excuse to do it, but none the less, I was asked out to dinner ... I was pretty surprised, as really it's been a while and I tend to not notice all the "indiscreet signs" ( I.e I am a dumb arse when it comes to that)
He picked me up from home, presented me with a rose (a peach coloured one if you really want details)
We dined in North Adelaide, curry! Drank wine till late and we got booted out of the resturant when they wanted to go home! Sophia's which is next door to the curry joint, well, Sophia herself came out and gave us a little candle holder thing, to put on our table, as we were in front of her shop, she said it was a 'special' night ... how right was she?!
It was fantastic. So easy to talk, laughed alot, and got along really really well!
I even got a kiss goodnight. My head was spinning.
Since that night, we have been out a few more times ... always laughing, and it's so comfortable.
We went market shopping and had Sushi. He cooks to. He made me lunch the other day! Spinach and Ricotta triangles ... yummo.
He made me dinner at his place, we went to the beach, got ice cream ... it's just so easy!
I called mum and told her, she was pretty excited. I called Kath, she was very excited. But he had to meet her to get the 'approval' We took Cooper down there for a run, and Kath called mum and said he was 'nice' ... coming from Kath that's pretty high praise ... considering she poo poo's most of the boys I have been out with. (well ... all of them really)
We also went to Kazz and James for dinner last week, Kazz made the most amazing cold rolls! delish! That was my next indicator ... how he got along with my close friends. Seems to be all good so far. I'll have to get him to meet the rest of the 'usual suspects' soon .... I have a pretty good feeling so far.
He's also an engineer, and has a couple of other things thrown in, and about to finish his masters in something or rather ....
We went out again on Sat night with Kath and the Bro in law for ...yep, you guessed it. Curry. She made him a "formal Check list" which was hilarious. He was stressing if he had 'passed' or not ... I think he did ok.
Sense of humour 10 / 10
(apparently likes Monty python, must show further appreciation for British Humour)
Bravery – 15 / 10
(You must be very brave to go out with my sister)
Intelligence – 11 / 10.
(For asking her out)
Ingenuity – 20 / 10
(For making up a "medical excuse/diversion" in order to ask her out )
Job – 9.5 / 10
(Well.. you work for DSTO and don’t blow stuff up... *teehee*)
Gentleman Qualities – 10 / 10
(For bringing her a rose on your first date)
Domestic ability 10 / 10
(Rave reviews for cooking abilities)
General Man stuff 10 / 10
(Can make stuff and has power tools)
Computer Knowledge 10 / 10
(Knows how to use Photo-chop and is better than dumb arse sister!)
Can Cope with ditsy/deaf parents 0 / 10
(Yet to be determined!)
Let it be known that my darling Bro in-law only scored 2 on the parent section!
Stay tuned for the parental score ...... :)

4 Comments:
Every now and then our universe rotates at a slower pace than normal so that two cosmic rays will collide.... then they say..."You go girl!"
Job – 9.5 / 10
(Well.. you work for DSTO and don’t blow stuff up... *teehee*)
Ommigosh! so blowing shit up counts against me? I'm so kicking her ass next time I see that girl.....
considering she poo poo's most of the boys I have been out with. (well ... all of them really)
OK, now I really AM kicking her ass! How dare she poo poo me TOO!
I'ma gonna go cry now. :(
But anyway, I'm really happy for you, even if you neglected to say I badgered you and harrassed you.... :P
Don't get all huffy! He lost .5 of a point becuase he DIDN'T blow stuff up!
And I don't think High School counted for much in the boyfriend arena ... She really didn't give two hoots back then ...
And just for the record, you were my fav from the school years!
Kath just hated all my "grown" up boyfriends!
That's OK then. /me strutts
For what its worth, you were a favourite too. Mind you, I had SOOOO many girlfriends back then.... :( Good to see life hasn't changed THAT much for me. *sigh* My gosh, how long did we go out? Prolly be bordering on one of my longest relationships. *sigh*
Post a Comment
<< Home