Ginger Rogers and shakin' that Arse!
Last week's dance lesson was sooooooo funny.
I can now remember to alternate left and right, and therefore do the waltzing thing, and I am getting better and looking like I am "floating" around the dance floor, and not bobbing along like a cork!
Foxtrot is coming along, and I am remembering to do the slow, quick quick, and even step touch thingy (don't ask .... I can't explain!) There is some other thing we learned but don't ask me what it's callled.
Last week, we tried (or at least I was trying not to giggle alot) the Rhumba. Or arse wiggling dance as our instructor calls it.
Bloody hell. I am so un-co with that one, that and the fact I start laughing when I have to wiggle my hips. I feel like a complete dumb arse! Big tall Capt Derek was my partner for some of it last week, and we spent most of the time standing infront of the mirror, I was trying to copy him. He does dancing with his wife, and he's pretty good. Moi on the other hand is not so great.
He says we can practice this week sometime, but so far we have all been busier that one legged men in an arse kicking comp!
Not looking forward to Friday's lesson, I could chuck a sickie? Nah, then I'll be behind again.
I did manage to check out a bit of dancing with the stars last night ... was channel surfing between SBS and 7. SBS had a great docco on the growing private security boom in the Sandpit. The cutting edge, has some great stuff sometimes!
Anyway - back to the arse shakin' .... Dicko was pretty funny, and I saw Dawn do her stuff. We always chat about the show here at Morning Tea. Bloody hell, it must be hard work to get any good at that stuff.
I'll persist!

2 Comments:
Old Mum here, you ought to go and try belly dancing. went to a harem last night and I was exhausted just watching those that knew how to, shaking their bits around. Keep up the dancing babe, you're not totally uncoordinated!!
Just wanted to say hi from California! Found your site today and I'll be back!
Post a Comment
<< Home