Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dog Logic

OK, the dog sitting is going ok. Cooper is pretty well behaved so far, Although he has a few quirks that are quite amusing.

Walking - he gets pretty excited about going out. So much so he bounds up and down the hall way and skids the hall runners into walls and almost takes out the glass doors, then does laps around the back yard, hurdling everything in site and leaping over the bird bath.

Sniffing - he has to sniff everything and then decide what he's going to do about it.

Wizzing - he must wee on absolutely everything when we are out walking, and it's not just a squirt, it's a big wizz! i wonder where his reserves are, as I don't have to top up his water bowls too often.

Route - he's pretty smart (I think) so far I have only walked the same route twice, but everytime we go, he seems to know which direction to head to home, and he knows exactly which house he has to come back to .. I tried to trick him, and walk straight past, but he stopped and gave me one of those "where are you going dumb arse?" looks.

Dog and Cat encounters - He doesn't bark at the other animals but gets pretty excited when he sees a cat, tries to run after it, but a quick tug on the lead, and he falls back in exactly where he's meant to. Although when he sees a huge dog and he's on my left, he ducks behind me and walks on the right, putting the big dog on the other side of me. A bit annoying as he tangles my legs up with the lead!

Doggie doos - So far so good. I have the plastic baggies, but haven't had to pick up any steaming piles of poo yet! Cooper seems to think that just embarrasses us both so he waits until we get home!

Licking - he gives me big wet sloppy doggie kisses and then decides I haven't showered enough so proceeds to lick what ever skin is exposed ... quite funny in the morning when I am doing to daily nudey run to the kitchen and bathroom

Inqusitive - So far he's quite amused with the bathroom, keeps going in and looking in the bath and the toilet. He hasn't attempted to drink from it yet (thank god) He's also very curious when I go to the toilet, comes and has a look and then sticks his head around the back of the toilet bowl to see where it's going ... beats me why.

Who's the boss - when we are watching tv, he has his bean bag. I sit on the couch. He's not allowed up there, but I noted this morning when I was wandering back from the shower, he was quite happily sitting up there. A stern word and he was off there pretty quick. He also thought it would be fun to sit on my bed. When I am in there at night he sleeps sometimes under the bed.
And in the morning he wakes me up, he wags his tail and nudges the side of the bed until I acknowledge him, I then let him up for a cuddle and then I got up. Cath - Cooper's mummy said that was ok, and he normally does that.
Being a red heeler, he sheds bloody hair everywhere. My quilt cover is looking particulary fury.

Poo size - for a medium dog he sure does produce some big poo!

Company - he's great fun, I chat away to him all the time I am home, he's a good listener!

1 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Changed the site I see. Diffrent. : )

How'd the other house warming go...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home