Friday, October 28, 2005

More bullshit courses! Part 2

Rigtheo .. where was I?

That's right, my total waste of time the last few days.

Anyho, after ditching the ergonomic joke, I fronted up for the next course Tuesday morn, nice an early here at the Country Club. At least this one should have some structure, says I. Ha!

By morning tea I was almost 'postal'. My mind was screaming, what a WOFTAM!!! It's just great, teach us stuff I already know, and make us feel good about it.
I actually approached the instructor, (contracted in to do it .. and she is very very good) BUT I asked her, or more like pleaded with her to alter the content. I said It's great we do these touchy feely courses, but the problem lies in the fact that we have to return to the same crappy disfunctional teams/groups where we are quickly reabsorbed into the crappy ways that have existed for eons.
Go team.

How about teaching us useful skills like how to deal with dickhead personalities, power mongers and general ashats?
She was very obliging, and when I explained some of the examples of my current team, she was most sympathetic. Don't get me wrong, I like my local team I work in, there are only 4 of us, and we are fairly supportive of each other, but our counterparts interstate are a whole different kettle of fish, so to speak! It's so .... state of origin.
Anyway. The course improved somewhat. I like to use the example of this to explain who my disfunctional national relationship is ....
"Hi there team ... I'd love your opinions on this ... should we change our name? Your opinion is really valued and we wouldn't want to do someting everyone is not in agreeance with"
Next team meeting - "It's all agreed then .. we are changing our name." Even though 50 % of us said ... "Nope, that's a dumb arse idea"
Great we say .... hence my point, my "team" asks for opinions and regarless of what they are they do what they want to do anyway.
Here's how I'd run a group discussion "Hi there, I am feelin' really postal right now ... lets have a group discussion on wether or not I should slit my wrists ..... "
4 hours later
"Well, that was great, thanks so much for your opinions and ideas ... frankly, you all shit me tears and I am going to do it anyway. Cheers"

The course wasn't that terrible, but I was pretty much learning stuff I already knew, and It was as boring as bat shit.... and I have heard that some bat shit can be quite exciting!

Anyway, I did a runner from that one on the last afternoon, fiened a medical issue back at work to leave! Yep, It would have been my sanity that would ahve suffered.

Hence the last few days have been spent catching up on work. Seems that when I am around, not much to do ... but as soon as I plan to be away, the dependents crawl out of the woodwork and want all sorts of trivial crap.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my darling sister for yesterday the 27th, she's started her own blog now.
Her and the Bro in law are away at Victor harbour for a few days, hence the parents are cat sitting ... happy happy joy joy. Next stop .... my place!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have read ALL of your archives, and am now up to date! Your writing is great...what can I say,I feel inadequate!
From reading up on your B&S,Ute musters etc, I gather you would know some of the ppl I know. Do you know 'Grampa'?
Your Ute is awesome....waaaaaay prettyier than mine! =)
Thanks for stopping by my blog...cheers!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home