Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Meet the Fockers and Ho Hum

We had Meet the Fockers Part one last week, and more of 'getting to know you' this week.

We had dinner with them for Kath's B'day. He couldn't believe how much we paid out on Dad's Mono-brow. He said my folks were 'fun'
Anyho, I have had mum and dad staying with me for the last few days, they are going home tomm morning sometime.
Mum made dinner last night and we also had my Aunty and Cousin over .. they made dessert.
It was quite fun, although very hot.
Rob says the similarities between his dad and mine are bordering on scary! Seems they have very much the same mannerisms! I saw a couple of photos and yep, you could quite easily shield yourself from the sun under either one of our dad's eyebrow (s) !! Although I am not quite sure about the nasal and ear hair quota yet.

Seems the older you get, the more adverse you become about keeping your appearance tidy and hair under control.
Maybe because they might be thinning "on top" they think that the ability to grow hair on any other part of their body is really good, and therefore they must never trim or cut it, incase it never grows back .... I don't know, just a theory!

I am off for a few days of RnR starting tomm lunch time ... and I don't have to be back until Tuesday! We are off for meet the fockers part 2. His folks this time, better be ok, it's an 8 hour drive to get there!!

Looking forward to a few days away from the country club. This place is starting to weird me out a bit. The people here are just odd. I can't figure out why there is such a mass concentration of stupidity and genius in the one place.

Example. Bloke wanders in yesterday .. I am off site, he sees my offsider and he's here when I get back.
This bloke was alledgedly "startled" by his wife's alarm going off at 0500 (I'm stunned he's married) Anyway - he apparantly 'lept' out of bed, "ran into a wall" and hit his head and passed out, unable to get up off the floor, groaning etc.
Somehow this becomes and issue at lunch time, 6 hours after the event.
I ask - why did you come to work then ? he shrugs "dunno he says" What did your wife do I ask (if it was me, i'd laugh) he says she was half asleep and gave him a glass of water and rolled back over. (I think to myself 'I hope you haven't started breeding yet')
The guy looks odd, and just so happens he's going to the dr. anyway, we suggest he tells him about the hitting the head episode.
I find out later, this is a guy who parks his car at the front gate and runs to his office everyday, and then back again at night ... but not in running gear as one would presume, dressed in his suit and carrying his briefcase. It amuses most people, as one stopped to offer him a lift as they feared he was 'late' for something, he quite cheerily assures them, nope I do this every day.
I always have a good laugh here, and then shake my head and wonder how these people ever function as human beings!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...now where did I leave that phone number for those gentlemen with the comfy white jacket......

Lou, take many many holidays. It is the only way to stay sane...maybe....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home