Meet the Parents PART 3 - the big trip!
Ok, where was I ….
Oh yeah the big weekend away.
I still can’t get over the fact they waited until we got there to have dinner. We even got desert to. I was so full from lollies and crap food that I could hardly eat anything. Hence we went to bed on very full tummies.
Fri I had a really huge sleep in. I think we needed it. We got our shit together (eventually) and drove into Shepparton via the factory outlets. Campbell’s soups … who also happen to make Kettle chips. I just got chippies as I have to be in the mood to buy soup, besides that summer is poking it’s head around the corner, and who really wants to eat chunky beef soup in 30 degree heat? Hmmm?
Next stop was one of the local market place malls … we found even more crappola 80’s CD’s for the trip back, and I eventually found my beloved Wolf mother CD from Sanity. We also managed to pick up a few Christmas pressies etc.
Moving onto Ardmona / SPC factory outlet, which was like being in a lolly shop! It was HUGE! We both grabbed a trolley and proceeded to trundle around the outlet. Stocked up on just about everything. We had a list of stuff to get for family and we dutifully set out to get those things. The best find there was about a 5kg tin of Caramel fudge.. Apparently it’s just like the one at Mc Chucks. The brand was “Smuckers” their marketing slogan was gold …. “with a name like Smuckers it has to be good” well, that pretty much sold us, alas we haven’t put that to the test yet.
Many many $$ later saw us leave there. We did the tour around the local drag strip, laughed at very funny painted cows. (Shepparton’s local signature on the world!) perused the mall and got roadies for the trip back home.
Dinner was a huge roast, and trifle. Again we gorged out on food. We thought about watching a DVD but we were both pretty knackered. Another late night.
Sat had us up a fraction earlier, but still pretty late. We intended to head off for a tour of the country side.
First stop was Dookie pub. We got there at 11 for a drink. I had a rum. The pub’s interior was fantastic, very chic.
Past Dookie College and through to Milawa region, where Brown Brother’s Winery is .. we settled into some serious tasting, but by the end of it we were very far from serious. Many Fart jokes were brandished around, we then meandered to the Cheese place, where were collapsed on the lawns and had a wee picnic. Wandered past the mustard place, and then found our way to an ice-cream shop. All in all, gourmets gorge fest. We got a shit load of cheese and I got some rather interesting Tai Green Pesto. We also got a few wines, but that goes without saying!
On the way back, I was in dire need of a wee … speaking of which, Piss Weak World was on the way back. We stopped in to point and laugh for a bit. I told Rob of the horror’s of our last visit to piss weak world and the “Camp Sucks” Mutiny Tour. He laughed a lot!
The drive back took us back past Mt Major. “Let’s climb it” says Rob .. “Yeah ok” says I. Faaaaaark. What a bloody climb. It was hot, there were LOTS of flies. It was steep. He thought there was a Trigg point up there that showed distances to places … we didn’t find it. We did see a Trigg point somewhere on the top but we didn’t bother to go over there. The walk back down was much more pleasant, by that stage it was about 6.30 and the heat was gone from the sun.
After we got back, we had a quick amble around the township … well, only 130 population where Rob was from, it was quite a quick walk.
More food and more trifle, some packing and we attempted another DVD. Both of us had droopy eyelids 30 mins into Van Helsing. We decided on an early start so we could get back for Jasmine’s 3rd B’day party.
With the Ute packed chokers to the brim with cans and goodies, we left pretty early, stopping to take a few unorthodox photos with the cows!
The weekend was great and what made it even better was lazing about on Mon with some leisurely shopping, a visit to the hairdresser for Rob and the waxing lady for me. The fact that it pissed with rain the whole day was a mere trifle …. Think I’ve had enough of trifle for the moment thanks!
And besides that, my mum makes a great one ….

2 Comments:
"I have to be in the mood to buy soup"
Uhhhmmmm.... ooohhkkay :) *backs away slowly*
Hi, Im campbell, you may email me on theirishduck@gmail.com
I stumbled across this blog and noticed that you went to Shepparton and live in Adelaide, I used to live in Shepp growing up and I now live in Adelaide.
Post a Comment
<< Home