1st Day of Bliss
Well, my holidays have officially “started” I had to work yesterday at the Country Club because they had an Admin Reunion. Which was basically a bunch of people standing around who all started out there in the 50’s.
They said they needed the nurse in case one of the Geriatrics fell over or died of excitement. It was official duty hence I was paid for my time.
They maximized my talents by getting me to take photos for a CD they are making. I did get to meet some interesting people, but If I had a $1 for every dirty old man who asked if I was giving the Kiss of Life later on … I would not have had to put in for overtime pay!
My Boss went as well, he shouted me a few red wines and introduced me to some characters, he has been there himself for 40years now. Most of these people started when they were 16. Straight out of school.
Me and Bob the Boss (ha ha)

I met one old bloke called ‘Wally’ he was a scream, he told very bad crocodile jokes and came from the UK when he was 18. He worked at Maralinga and Woomera; he was one of the ones who were given complimentary Sunglasses when they tested a certain ‘bomb’. He got a pretty big dose of radiation poisoning; it was interesting to hear his story, as my Uni course is all related to that sort of stuff. Health Surveillance back then was pretty much non-existent. He says he still has to have Botox injections into his jaw for the pain. He had to be about 70 years old! Very sprightly for his age!
Today has been very lazy, Bathed Bert after a mud episode, and then a spot of Shopping at TTP.

It’s a weird feeling, I feel like this weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can finally relax. We don’t have to fit in a million things in a weekend, and then front up for work tomm.
It’s weird but I almost felt like having a cry I am so relieved … work should not do that to a person.
Having breakfast this morning, Rob comes back with a lovely card and a present. It was our 6 month anniversary last Sat and he hadn’t had time to ‘get me anything’
I got a stunning pair of Ruby stud earrings. They are 0.42 ct Rubies. That also made me tear up!
Tomm it’s back to visit work to get my Flu shot. I am running the programme via correspondence! And then it’s my Aunty Audrey’s 92 B’day, we have decided to take Bert down there for a visit, and to wish her happy Birthday.
Then I may have another spot of lazing about…
Exhibit A ... Bert showing us how to "laze about"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home