Language Warning - Vent in Progress
I need to vent! (So don’t read it if you are easily offended)

I am still amazed at the self centered-ness, arrogance of the supposed brains of Aus. Some of those freakin lab coats have their heads so far up their arse I am surprised they see in colour.
Firstly – Major simulation today.

I am home on study leave now (an hour later than normal, but home none the less) We had to notify the whole site, due to the precious nature of the fark knuckles, fair enough. If a chick in the public service can go out of stress due to a bouncy penis, just imagine what could happen if we are simulating a very real accident scenario. The mind boggles.
We get many email back, most very supportive. Saying we are doing a good job raising driver awareness at Easter School holidays etc. Some numb nuts rant about what a waste of time it is.
My thoughts – If you have time to write back and say we are wasting our time, then what the hell are you doing with yours ??? I had major troubles with the Flu program again this year. The number one response was “I didn’t read the email” Fuckers.
If you are dumb enough not to read it properly, you deserve the flu. Full Stop. I hope you all get really really sick.
What else could go wrong today .. well, it must be a bad day for red heads the world over. Jodie, another chickee in my ‘section’ was having similar troubles. Mind you hers were more one on one dramas. But they happened to be coming from a sleazy wife swapping wanker scientist who’s elevated to a position well above us, but that does not give you the right to treat other people like shit.
My own situation was as follows.
I wanted to take pictures of my ‘actors’ who so kindly volunteered to come and lay it on for us for a touch of realism, all in their own time to. I am so very thankful for their help today. I fire up our wiz bang digital camera, and it’s, for a better word, completely fucked. Panic stations. I promised pictures to these people for their portfolios etc. A mad ring around to other departments for a camera. It turns out the HR people across the corridor have one. Yay.
Dave has borrowed it out to take pics at some poo-bah convention (but not until the afternoon) great, that means I can have for an hour or so and then give it back. He’s across the site so Jodie gives me the phone number to call him, I get some snooty chick who says I can’t speak to him. I tell her it’s really important and can’t wait. He eventually calls back, we do a deal with the camera, and then he drops this on me… My Canberra poo-bah and grand poo-bah are in this “meeting” and they pass on the fact that it was unacceptable to interrupt them. I feel very very small.
How dare they make me feel that way. He says they are having some very important meeting, god knows why he’s there, and he’s a lowly plebe with bad BO. He says my Canberra poo-bah is most put out blah blah blah.
Fuck ‘em.
This scenario took eons to organise, a lot of effort, and they approve the funding the idiots. Were they there to watch it … no! They were about 100 mts away in some swanky conference room with their heads up their arses, banging on about how important they all are.
The actual ‘meeting’ was some crap about ‘achieving our best’ which happened to be a session I went to where we vented problems and how we felt about the ‘culture’ of the place. The session for them was to help them ‘walk the talk’ and lead by example etc. Fat lot of fucking good it did them.
I told my boss incase of repercussions he laughed and said not to worry about it.
I saw Jodie after the whole thing, as I had the camera and was too chicken to take it back. She did and when she got back she said the only person in the room was our Canberra poo-bah, Jodie handed her the camera, she asked what it was. Jodie said “the camera” Poo-bah says “what’s this for?” Jodie tells her that Dave wants to take photos in the afternoon session. She had no fuckin’ idea about it, which makes me wonder if lowly plebe Dave was getting a big fat jolly by big-noting himself by making me look bad. Just you wait Dave…. Triple by-passes always come back to get you in the end my friend.
And lastly.. out of a grand total of 2000 people on site, a measly handful turned up to watch the scenario.
We also invited our entire Paid First Aider network, who expressed a great interest (end of last year) in being involved in scenarios, to come and watch. NOT ONE bastard turned up, and out of the 80-90 odd, only 2 volunteered to take an active part in it.
You wankers bitch and moan you don’t get enough ‘hands on’, and you go and do this? You can’t even fill in your first aid returns on time and replace out of date stock!
It really makes me think now about how to treat them all. They complain bitterly when they don’t get their allowance in their pay (which is not my fault, but some dumb arse department in Melb which constantly fuck it all up, and which I am required to fix and make all better) I am thinking of demoting them all to the very basic rate, and promoting my crack team of Senior First Aiders who actually give a shit about their fellow man, and the two who volunteered to help out.
If I could go on Leave NOW I would. But I still have work to organise tomm, and lists to write to the relief nurse and emails to send out regarding my leave.
Come 1630 on Fri there will be a Lilly white arse, and an erect extended middle finger, poking out the car window as we drive out the gate into the sunset.
Fuck you all, crazy lab coats. You deserve everything you get.
By the way, I am completely fine now .. I needed to get that off my chest. I am in my new Flanny Elmo Jammies (which Rob bought me) and I have had a cup of tea, and a chocolate, So balance once again has been restored to the force. I'll never turn to the dark side! ( I may dabble in it occassionally though!)

1 Comments:
Couldn't agree more etc etc etc
Post a Comment
<< Home