Monday, February 13, 2006

Adventures of the Bert-miester

Image hosting by Photobucket
Butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth!

Well, being a puppy parent sure is a bit tricky!
I normally get up early (0600hrs) but weekends are my sanctuary. Not when you have a puppy!

I am desperately trying to get Bert to understand and appreciate the concept of a weekend… It may take some time.

He is hilarious and if I had my Video camera running I am sure I could be a contender for Funny Home Videos.
The other night after the hot spell, it poured with rain. Bert was out in the back yard, doing laps of the rotunda jobbie, around and around and around!
It seems he gets a speed burst about 7pm every night. Anyway, he was running, it was wet. He was wet.
He decides to come in and say G’day. I have a slate back pergola area, and the back room is tiled and so is the Kitchen, Bert discovers the laws of Physics and Gravity all at once.
His little feet were very slippery; add water and you have a guaranteed laugh!
He slid into the back room, missed the step up to the kitchen and head butted it. I think It may have knocked some sense into him, as he slowed down the next time.
Poor thing was a bit sooky after that, but that lasted a few minutes and he was off chasing ants and leaves, bit's of stick ... plastic bags .... grass.... bugs, and anyting else that moves in the wind!

Image hosting by Photobucket

So far, he can Sit and Drop. But that’s about it. I am trying Roll over, and Shake hands, but they are taking a bit longer, so is the lead. It’s like breaking a horse, but he had a ‘play date’ yesterday arvo … Matty bought his mutts around and they sort of played. Well, Bert tried, they just sniffed and wizzed a lot! Although, they are a lot older than little Bert.
We tried to lead by example (excuse the pun) by showing Bert that his dogs liked the lead. It was his best go on the lead so far, although he still tries to eat it. I soaked it in Vinegar to stop him, but that is one really crap old wives tale.

Other news … not much, Bert takes up a fair bit of time and energy, which is nice to have a different focus on life and perspective. Work is sucky, but hey, I’ll get over it or go postal it could go either way!

The CSIRO thing is going ok… slowly but ok. Rob is doing way better than me, but boys do better anyway. We have discovered that having a blow out every now and again is probably bad, but not the end of the world. It just means you have to work harder.
So we stick to it.

Stay tuned for more Bert stories.

I have a great one about Bert and poo … but another time, I am collecting them together to have a poo feature! A bit gross but very funny.
Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

At 6:15 pm, Blogger mogcat said...

He is absolutely adorable.

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger James said...

You think its hard getting a dog to understand the concept of weekends..... wait until you try a baby!

At least you can ignore the dog.

 
At 9:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want me to drop past again sometime and we can take them all for a short walk so he can understand the lead better, scream out. Maybe just once around the block or something.

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Lou Lou said...

Thanks Matt,

I was thinking of taking him tonight or on the weekend, but across to the park.
He went really well last night for a few laps, but then he got all silly! He has the concentration span of a gnat!

 
At 7:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gday slacker!!

This blogg is looking a little rejected.......

Let the lad come up for air occassionally, and give us a ring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home