3 more days ...
3 more days until Holidays and let me tell you I am absolutely 100 % hanging out for a break from the crazy house/Country Club …
I have had so much to do in order to leave these co-dependant fark-knuckles for a measly 3 weeks it has almost not been worth the amount of organising!
We have a major simulation exercise coming up on Thursday aswell, which is becoming a bit of a headache. I have managed to score 2 actors (of the semi professional kind) to come and pretend to be hurt … It was so difficult trying to get a weirdo in a lab coat to lay on the ground and pretend to be hurt. They just don’t put any feeling into it!
I also managed to score the help of a professional make up artist who by the way founded the St John Simulation Unit and has his own brand of gore blood products he peddles. He has offered his services and expertise for free! Yay! (We were given a crappola budget for this one i.e. nothing)
Still it should be fun.
I have minutes to write up for Chemical Safety, appointments to book for RAAF, accounts to do (god knows why I do accounts …I am a bloody nurse for crying out loud, is that not why we have a whole department dedicated to it??)
I am also obliged to attend a lunch today for a chick who is getting married in our section (well the HR bit, not OHS) Whoopdy chook I say, she is a vegan, does not eat cake and looks like a stick … come to think of it, maybe even the personality of one. She is very quiet and not been here very long. So we are all going along. Personally I have way too much crap to do today but I am going none the less. (Rob made me go, and the fact we only had one lunch made up for today, he got to the fridge first!)
Speaking of weddings… Ness announced her engagement last weekend. Good on you chickee babe. I know you muscled out the other girls for the bouquet!
This kind of got me thinking … now I am the only one left. This was a bit weird and confronting to think about. Although Rob and I have just had our 6 month anniversary on Sat. We have been chatting especially about other people’s weddings etc, and it came up about Cathy’s wedding. He asked how many times I had been a bridesmaid. I said 3 now (if you don’t count being a junior bridesmaid) He also asked If I was superstitious.. You know, the old saying, 3 times a bridesmaid never a bride. Well, he said that he thought I would not have that problem.. not being a bride and left it at that. Small heart flutter and moving on.
Umm .. lot’s more stuff.
We had Rob’s Birthday on the weekend, I had a “Choose your own adventure” style, you remember those books??
Well, I had all these options except he had to pick envelopes which had activities inside of them. It was pretty funny and a heap of fun. As usual we ate and drank way too much and are now suffering from it today. Stinky farts and feeling very sluggish indeed!
The birthday odyssey started with Puppy School, the off to the Semaphore Kite Festival, which was spectacular if a little chilly. Then we had bakery lunch and dropped Bert off for his first ever night away at Aunty Maureen’s. Which I might add I think he was spoiled rotten. They let him sleep up on the bed with them because it was cold!
Next we prepared for a magical mystery tour to the city. I got us an Aromatherapy package at the Pacific international. This was basically a pack of oils. The apartment was very swish and we had great fun jumping on beds etc and turning every appliance on that was possible. (That possibly did not sound good… but you know what I mean)
Dinner we had at Jasmin’s Indian just off Hindmarsh Square.. and all the rave reports were well justified. It was quite delicious! We had some quite nice wine to accompany, we cracked the Black Sash 96 for pre dinner drinks and it was magnificent, and at dinner we had a bottle of Holy Trinity 98, which was also quite tidy. Hence we staggered and rolled back to the hotel!
Sunday we picked up the Bert-miester and took him to the Wellington Square Food and Wine fest. Rob had him most of the day and let me tell you, Bert is a total Chick magnet and also a gay magnet. He was getting chatted up left right and centre … meanwhile I was laughing my head off!
Bert was of course the ever attention seeking tart. Who could resist.

Bert having a drink and a nap ... taken at a BBQ and not the food and wine fest!
It’s amazing how many people talk to you when you have a furry four legged friend. You meet the funniest characters!
All in all it was a full on weekend.
Now I am still working on separation anxiety and how to lessen it for the crazy scientists, and bask safe in the knowledge that I have free reign of the stationary cupboard whenever I want!
Mainly because our customer service chick thinks I am hot and lets me have anything I want!
Speaking of which I need to go and get a folder for all my uni stuff …. I still have to organise all that crap to while I am away!
Bert and I having some quality time in the pool...

Bert having his first swim at the beach

3 Comments:
Oh yeah, 3 more days!! Cant wait to be free of the green idjits for a week! Girly is visiting and it should be a nice relaxing coupla days.
Glad to hear that you're still up to no good and enjoying yaself!
Al
Never mind the three times a bridesmaid thing, you were a groomsman once so that cancels one of the bridesmaids out.
last one - ha! my lilly white ass you are!! at least you have a nice fella
xx nat nat
Post a Comment
<< Home