Day 3 of the Holiday odyssey
Things we have done in the last couple of days.
Took Bert to the doggy stylist. He has a haircut now, he can see, and has a ‘velvet’ coat as the doggy hairdresser lady said. He feels super soft, but he looks a tad odd… I suppose I am just used of him being a shaggy puppy. He seems to like it.
Started cleaning up my drawer of “to file” I filed most of it in the big green wheelie bin, but the rest was put away where it has been meaning to go since Nov/Dec.
I got around to brushing my hair... there were a few knots in there. I got enough hair out of my hair brush to make a medium sized merkin. It’s a wonder I am not bald.
I finally read the Sunday Mail … on Wednesday. Well, looked at the pictures anyway, god there is some crap in there.
Finished filing today
Cleaned up the front yard. It’s now brick free, but the wood still remains, I have to take it around the back to make some garden edging.
Rob went on a DVD spree, and so we have been slowly getting through the Simpsons. Starting from season 1, we have completed disc 1. I must say the animation back then was crap. I am so glad it’s better now. We also watched Elecktra. Rob has a ‘thing’ for Jennifer Garner!
We went and saw ICE AGE 2. Two words. Bloody brilliant. Go and see it.
The next movie on the list is “Kinky Boots” Kath and Mike went and saw it as it had a great write up. It’s all about a shoe shop that is going bust until they turn it into a “fetish” shoe shop. Sounds right up my ally!!
I got around to sticking down the hall runners. Why? Bert runs up the hall and skids and hence the hall runner ends up bunched against the wall. I have now stuck them down to the boards with some funky gaffa that won’t lift the varnish off the floors. Now Bert can run and not move any of the carpets! Bloody brilliant
Things you see on a walk.
We walked today from my place to Rob’s. It’s probably only about 3-4 km. We met lots of dogs behind fences. Some friendly, some not. We met some interesting people. We dropped in at the Vet, as they have a cat adoption centre there. Rob wants a grey kitten, they have a sort of Grey Tabby, so I introduced Bert to her. He seemed pretty interested. The kitten didn’t seem too phased and she looked more interested in swiping Bert’s wagging tail.
We saw, a feminine hygiene product with wings, a used condom outside the chemist, a tied up latex glove that looked suspicious. 4 builders cracks, (there is a lot of building going on, on Prospect Road hence the abundance of workmen) and a very crusty old man on a scooter.
I have invented a new type of rissole for tea. I call them dukah arseholes. I am keen to try them out so I had better go and put the oven on soon.
Rob is continuing his “Robbie Renno Rescue” He has sealed the ceiling now. I suppose he’ll be up to painting soon.
Tomm I’d like to go to the Big Rocking Horse for a drive, we thought a bit of ‘market-ing’ in the morning to get some Easter supplies first and then a pleasant country drive with the Bert Meister!
Then again I could just slob about in my Jammies until lunch time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home