Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June is a happening month!

Bugger me, time really does get away from you!

It’s the end of June, and it’s crazy time at work and home.

Firstly … a range of Happy Birthdays

DAD – hope you had a great day and didn’t get too over philosophical at dinner.
LINDA – I hope you didn’t have to clean the house after all.
MATTY – sorry I was a day late! You’ll get your birthday hug soon enough!

Just so I don’t forget to mention it tomm… Happy Birthday DOOLEY, hope your day is good to, and there is not too much travel involved in it!

Back to the news in brief.

The road trip was good, ate way too many lollies, paying for it now.

I handed in my final two assignments for Uni, I am still waiting for them to be posted back (the suspense is killing me!)

Semester break is bloody fantastic, not having to sit on my arse in front of the computer all weekend is splendid, (that and not having Rob sit down for hours on end editing my work)

Work is NUTS. Things are unravelling fast, so much so I have got my shit together and have re done my CV. I am just securing the last professional reference, and then I am going a-hunting for a new job.

We are without a manager this Fri. He is retiring. They did advertise, but only had 3 applicants. 2 from outside, one from within. The 2 outside ones pulled out at the last minute, hence no interviews. So now we are going to take turns to be manager, which will be good …. You’d think so, except the latest development is this ….

We have to get some-one in for the 4 months to ‘cover our positions’ while we take on higher duties, so that person covers Mr P, while he has a shot, and then they are meant to cover me for the 2 months.
This person has NO medical training, NO first aid certificate, NOT able to do audios, NO bloody clue whatsoever about what to do here, is UNABLE to take Blood pressures and the list goes on, so I am figuring out fast that while I am sitting in the big chair, I will be expected to run out here constantly to “treat” people, thus doing 2 jobs. Or let it all lapse and come back to 2 months worth of back logged work, and a lot of shitty people.

So much for “getting some experience” hardy de fucking har har!
I think, the experience will be a bit tainted.

On to other things …

Kath is getting ready to pop out her love child. I think there is about 3-4 weeks to go.
Mum is coming up to help out when the time comes, but I am unsure about dad, I think he is having a sudden crisis in realising he is actually getting older. News flash dad, you are no longer, 30, or 40 or 50 or even 60 now. Sit back and enjoy the ride as Grandpa!
I am throwing Kath a baby shower in 2 weeks, so that will be fun. I have made up little booklets with fun games in it to do. Should be a hoot.

Home rennos continue on, the bathroom is in a wee bit of a mess, we have discovered an old door behind a wall! I think it was the old toilet door, so we took it out and are going to recess into the wall a heap of shelves … either that or the vanity will get stuffed in there, one way or another it will be utilised!
We also discovered termites in the door, that had a 3 course meal on it! So that has now been thrown out.

That’s about it really, we also got a groovy new lounge suite, when Ikea opened, Le crap U had a big sale, so we picked one up from them.
It’s all leather and has 4 recliners (2 in the 3 seater bit) and also has the funkiest pull down bit to put your drink (and bottle of wine) in while you are watching the movies!
Bert is banned from the couch so we kept the old one for him to sit on!

OK, I’d better get back to it…. So much to do and so little motivation to do it in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home