Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky you’re the one … You make Bath time lots of fun…

Well, I had my final shower on Monday.
Alas I did not get a chance to have a final bath, but with the lack of walls etc, and the parents in residence, it was probably not a bad thing. Not that they mind seeing me in the bath, or that I mind. I sometimes just like solitude at bath time.

I gave Bert his final bath to … he really needed it to! We got home after helping mum and dad on Sat, and he had been having a field day with “Lady” mum and dad’s dog. He had rolled in something very very putrid and stinky. We had to take him to Rob’s to off load some furniture, and in the Ute he managed to stink it out!
What’s funnier is that Rob’s neighbour was there and wanted to pat Bert. I did warn him that he was incredibly stinky… hahaha!

It was an epic episode to get the bath out and the fact that I was a wee bit hung-over did not help.

We went to Beyond India for dinner on Sunday night – it was our 12 month anniversary, and that is where Rob took me for our first date. We had a delicious meal accompanied by a Burgeo 1996 Holy Trinity and a 1998 Michael Shiraz. We might have been a wee bit giggly when we got home as mum said there was a lot of laughing going on… that bit seems to have slipped my mind.
I certainly wasn’t too giggly in the morning, with Bert and Lady barking and carrying on. A few panadol fixed that … eventually.

Number of items in the bathroom as of the 3rd of October: A toilet.

When the folks arrived on Fri night I had to give them a safety induction to the safe use of the bathroom.
1. Do not lean to any side of the toilet when performing “wipe” duties
2. Sit squarely on the toilet. Leaning forward to get off it is permissible
3. Do not hang towels on the shower curtain rail. It is ‘just’ in the wall. Also do not fling shower curtain across the bath. This may result in minor personal injury, both physical and psychological.
4. Clean teeth while in the shower, as there is no vanity
5. Beware the low extension chord – that is the temp light. Switch it on in the powerpoint.
6. Watch the step, it is covered by mats, but bare feet are not advisable.

Anyway, we got through the weekend without incident. The parents thought it better to eliminate anything bigger than Number 3’s at my sisters!

Well, today is busy – I have a lot of things to tidy up before my coming days off. I also my leave approved for Townsville!
Giddy up. Snorkelling, diving and lazing about here we come!
Hope to have a shower sometime in the next few days.

Driving to Robs late at night to shower, me in my jammies and him in undies is quite amusing! None the less, the neighbours sure got an eyeful! Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home