Thursday, November 23, 2006

The welder and other things…

The problem with the welder is this … and please bear in mind I have no farking idea what I am talking about!

It (the welder) apparently is a 15 amp jobbie. (lead – whatever)
The power point that we have out side the shed is a 10 amp jobbie.
Dad says the circuit is a 16 amp circuit.

Hence Rob says if he plugs in a 15 amp lead (straight off the welder) into a 10 amp power point, the lead will get hot.

He wants to buy a 15 amp lead, cut the head off it and put in on a 10 amp lead, or something like that, he was talking about cutting leads etc, or maybe he was going to get a 10 amp lead, cut the head off that and put it on his welding lead … I have no bloody idea, My suggestion was to wait until my dad comes up and puts in a power point especially for the welder in the shed. I can’t foresee any time to do any type of welding between now and Christmas anyway.

Next week I am also giving a ‘talk’ on gun shot wounds, squished feet and Ak47’s etc .. My main piece of advice – try not to get shot or having anything fall on you.
Lame I know, and I don’t have that many pictures to help with the talk. Anyway, it should be fun researching it!

Today I am wearing my fancy RM suit I got at the sales last year – I am finally presenting the awards for the calendar competition I ran. Should be very much fun – although the Grand Poo Bah is here, hope he doesn’t make too much of a dick of himself.. he can be quite goofy (and not in a cute cartoon kind of way)

OK, hop to it girly!

2 Comments:

At 2:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The talk was exactly what we needed, so thank you very much.

I'm really glad you got into dehydration tho, as that was our biggest problem in the end. Was getting pretty concerned about on of our soldiers there for awhile, but I ordered him to drink lots of water and he came good. :P

The other thing it turned out we needed to concern ourselves with was liver failure due to too much booze at the pub each night. Blerg. Over a carton of Bundy over the 4 nights!

Sláine

XXX

 
At 1:55 am, Blogger Lenny said...

jeeze lou! bring the damn leads over here and I will rewire them for you! crikey! it isnt that hard! lol!

*mwah*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home