Another year wiser?
Well, another birthday has been and come. It was rather pleasant – my sister made me a cake and my Mum came over for it, closely followed by Dad, who had to do a couple of night shifts before he could venture over.
Mum made my favourite dinner which is officially called Potted Meat Tureen, but since I was able to talk I have always called it “dog’s meat” it really does look like a meaty loaf for pooches!
Kathryn’s cake gave you tooth decay just by looking at it! The icing was so deliciously rich!

I had a rather subdued BBQ on Saturday with family, as Rob and I would like to have a combined B’day brunch sometime – most likely St Pats Day! Good excuses all around! So pencil in March 17th. We drank way too much wine that day and were both in bed by about 5.30pm. I did make us get up at about 7.30 to take the pooch for a walk, but we only made it a few kms before both of us decided to give up and head back to bed! (It’s tough getting older!)
I got the coolest B’day presents ever, a giant wine glass and a great caricature, which is at the framers right now!

My deliciously big wine glass!

My Groovy Picture
Not much else to report .. the bathroom is coming along ok, we tiled until 1.30AM the other night, it was very tiring .. now I know why tiler’s charge an arm and a leg! We are just waiting for the glass screen guy to come and measure up. Some minor painting and then cornice adding … it does not seem like much now, considering how much work we have done so far.

2 Comments:
Nice caricature mate!! Did Rob give your pressie from me....?
The caricature rules!!
Glad it was a good day. Was going to administer hugs on the day, but since you weren't here, you'll have to collect them later!
Sláine
Post a Comment
<< Home