Mad March and Crazy April
Well… it has been quite a while between drinks.
March was nuts.
We spent most of it at the fringe. Saw some great shows. I think Rob’s favourite was the one all about swearing. It was called “it’s not big, it’s not clever” It was an English guy doing the history of swearing and seeing he promised his Gran he would not technically swear, he gave out numbers to the audience, and we got to say them instead … except we had to guess them! You can pretty much guess what the number 1 most offensive swear word was and we got the yell it out (a lot) at the end of the show.
My number was the 12th most offensive and it only turned out to be “Jew”. Apparently the English (which is who he surveyed for the words) found that offensive. Rob’s word was “prick” at least he got a more ‘funner’ word than me!
Moving on, we went to see Stephen K Amos at the Gov with Kazz and James – he had some amusing guests and some not so amusing. If it was just him, it would have been quite hilarious.
We also went to Chopper. I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants!
One Man Star Wars was pretty good to. You can kind of tell that the guy doing the show would have been picked on a lot at school, but who’s laughing now? He is endorsed by Lucas Films and has been doing the show for 5 years around the world. (Obviously making a mint) I must say I was a little disappointed in his “Yoda” but the Wookie and Jaba were pretty bloody good.
We also saw “Flat on your Bacharach” and a weird circus thing with young kids (I say that, as they were most likely in their early 20’s – and I can say that as I am over 30!) They did insane things like hammer nails up their nose and eat broken glass. They also did a spectacular juggling act incorporating fire juggling. Tip top. Oh, and a groovy blind folded cutting a watermelon in half with a Katana while it was resting on the girls bare abs.
I think the most average thing we saw was the play “He died with a Falafel in his hand” I was expecting great things, but alas, nothing beats the book. (I have refused to see the movie for the same reason)
April – Rob’s birthday is the 1st. (yes... it does explain a lot! He keeps denying he was born before midday)
We had a trip home to the big Mt G. over Easter, which was great to chill out. We did the grand tour of the lower SE and VIC with a day trip to Nelson, Portland and Dartmoor. Bert had a pretty good time barking at cows.
I started back at Uni (again) but there was a cock up of monumental proportions. I enrolled in a “face to face” course, and lo and behold they changed it to an on-line one. So I forked out an exorbitant amount of money only to sit more hours in front of my PC (like I need that) This also meant that when we went for our “block teaching” which we thought meant “condensed” learning. We discovered we were 4 weeks behind in each course and were already meant to have handed up at least 2 papers. CRAP-O-LA.
So I have been cramming in learning, trying to catch up. Anzac Day was spent writing a paper on how my building could burn down and then one on Law and how you fight an improvement notice. (brain melt down)
Not only that we went to the home show, and decided that getting roller shutters would be a good idea.
Jeebers! We had one quote on Monday night – the typical hard sell. They started at $4750 and we eventually got them to $2000 for 2 windows. We politely declined until we got more quotes.
Bramalco were meant to show up today – but didn’t, so I phoned the number and got some Indian call centre who didn’t quite get it that I was saying the guy did not show up. He took details and said someone would be in touch soon. I said good luck. Then he asked what I was calling about again … (sigh) I used really small words, and I think then he understood what was going on.
Work is STILL shit.
I have had another interview with an agency (I think it was Addeco?) I have had so many now they get confusing.
I also applied for an internal job, as an assistant HR manager. I just want to get as far away from my incompetent mangers as possible, they are so dysfunctional its laughable now. If you don’t laugh, you’d just cry all the time.
Anyway, Rob is making some sort of Yorkshire pudding to go with the Roast beef, so I had better go and pour another glass of wine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home