Zooming near and far
Well, we are ploughing through the wedding stuff.
Everything seems to be on track so far, we only need to find us a muso of sorts and work out the finer details of the honeymoon.
Music wise, we thought about a guitarist, although when we were at the market last Friday there were some gypsy dancers. I thought they would make excellent “half time entertainment” while we signed the register … I really liked the gypsy’s but Rob wasn’t as sold on them as I was!
Back to the drawing board I suppose!
We thought that Stairway to Heaven might be a fun song to have as we walk down the ‘isle’ and any old thing while we sign! Bloody hell, my Uncle Stew tells some hilarious jokes, I am sure he could do a stellar job, or maybe we could get a magician to do some tricks or something??
For the honeymoon we are off to Thailand (decided at last) Jamaica just turned out to be way too expensive, plus this way we get to spend about 20 days overseas instead of about 14 tops (including flights) if we went to Jamaica! We still get to drink Rum cocktails and laze on beaches!
I am sourcing quotes at present, trying to get the best price. It’s an interesting exercise as they have varied about a grand in price! I was trying to get the better one, so we had more moolah to play with shopping etc!
Speaking of Moolah, the mother-in-law-in-waiting has gifted Rob (not me!) a reasonable amount from his deceased grandparent’s estate. She has dictated that it be used for a new car.
I thought using it on the mortgage or extension might be a wiser choice, but we are running with car like we have been told to!
What a hilarious and tyring exercise… Car salesmen are the worst! (Perhaps used car salesmen and politicians are slightly worse)
We did the big test driving day last weekend, and went to Honda – Accord Euro Tourer, Mazda – the Mazda 6 hatch and Wagon, and lastly Subaru – Liberty and Outback wagon.
For all the hype I was a little disappointed in the Mazda’s, I was expecting something amazing, but for my liking I had an absolute hoot in the Honda, it is very very zippy, corners really well, and you can change gears amazingly fast – 6 speed manual to!
The Subaru stuck like shit to a blanket around corners to! I threw it around a few corners in Glenelg, the only really disappointing bit… they had a shitful colour range!
So it has been out of the two of them. Wagon verses Sedan.
In the foreseeable future we will be wanting a wagon, but right now, we don’t really need one, so the question is, can we fit in what we need in the Sedan and how much can it take until we get the Wagon?
The sad thing is… it’s the Ute that will have to go when we need the Wagon, providing all the renovation is over (please let that be soon!!!) That will be a sad day, but I think I am nearly ready to let go of it!
Rob is dealing with a few salesmen today, I dealt with them Monday! I rang so many I forgot who I spoke to at each one! (I did write it down, I just lost my piece of paper)
We did a re-test drive of the Honda last night, and I had to do the “mean fiancé” to get us out of the salesman’s office. He was starting to apply the pressure…. Rob was happy to get out of there! So was I! He was trying to trick us into signing a contract on the proviso he upped the $$ on the trade in. Good thing I read the fine print. If we signed (committing ourselves) he would then go and ask the ‘boss’about the trade in price… either way we were getting a Honda. I was trying to hang out for some added extras thrown in for nicks … no joy there!
Infact he was the only sales guy to have an ‘office’ the rest were out on the floor or in cubicles, which makes me think he was pretty good at his job!
Anyway, we still don’t have a car yet, and I am changing my mind every hour on wether we need a Wagon or a Sedan… the hoon in me wants the Honda, but the newly formed ‘sensible’ me is saying the Wagon is the better choice.
I never thought I would describe myself as ‘sensible’! I must nearly be mid 30’s now to do that sort of thing!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home