Friday, January 04, 2008

Balance is restored to the force … at last

I got a call at 1000 today, they have GONE!!! Yay.

After practicing some avoidance techniques last night by swimming after work, I got home to a semi calm house, seems most of them were still over there arguing over plumbing parts.

Rob’s sister and I had a reasonably normal conversation for once as we made some veggies ready for tea. We were not going out; they decided a BBQ was better.
We then just had to wait until they got home from the renovation night mare.

Turns out it was 7pm.

Rob appeared to be slightly more normal (maybe my quietly whispered rant in the morning actually made him realise he was being a first class tool) who knows?

Both of us now have runny noses, and Rob has had about 4 blood noses this week. I am exhausted.

Rob said he was sad to see them go, but at the same time relieved. I am just plain relieved about it all.
A few days might have been more tolerable, but a week and a half is really stretching the friendship. Rob says he is going to clean the house and restore it to some state of normality and then we are going to the pub for tea – cooking is overrated, and I am pretty sure they have not left much in the fridge.
I know it’s petty, but when you eat an entire tub of the ‘logical’ spread, you would hope that it would be replaced; alas I fear it has gone un-replaced. I suppose some shopping is in order and a trip to the market on Sunday.

Anyway, I had better get back to trashing my office – I have to do a lot of purging to clean up this mess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home