Hooray for the funny bone!
We met with contestant number 2 the other week … the celebrant.
She was MUCH nicer. She even wore a purple top (Rob’s favourite colour) so it must have been an omen!
Funnily enough lots of people have mentioned the gay celebrant, but we went with her, she was the first to email us back!
Her husband is at Woodside barracks, so she must have a warped sense of humor. She certainly did.
She gave us a lot of stuff to look at, showed us the couple of lines she had to say to make it all legal and let us do the rest.
We now have:
• “I do” in it.
• Humorous poems.
• A sort of slightly mushy reading.
We are now working on the vows.
I did have that I promised not to buy more than 2 pair of shoes at any one sale, but rob pointed out (after a lengthy discussion) that it sounded like I was spending all his money, so that bit was removed, we now have some pearler one liners (we think they are funny)
Rob also mentioned that his mum actually supported us selecting a celebrant, apparently it would be his dad who would be horrified, but she said she would take care of that for us.
His folks went to one of his cousins weddings, and the bride wore white and a veil, she also had 3 kids to about 3 different blokes and was shacked up with the cousin pre wedding. Les (Rob’s dad) said rather loudly, how dare she wear white, let alone a veil! Apparently it was quite amusing!
I don’t think we will have any dramas, he really likes me, when he hugs me, it turns into one of those embarrassing embraces that I have to start to try and wriggle out of, and he still won’t let go!
Everything else is kind of on track; I selected flowers the other day – job done.
We got an Out-door package, red carpet chairs etc – job done.
I just have to sort out the bridesmaid fiasco.
Nat Nat sent a great dress that a Melb designer made. We tried to get another for Jell, ‘cept they don’t have the same material anymore. No matter, we’ll get the next closest colour, oh, whoops, that is superseded to. Bugger, the only other colour even remotely like it is hideous!
We hunted high and low for a similar material, no joy there. I am not sure what kind of material would hang nicely either, they all looked kind of weird!
I did however find some great little frocks at a shop here in Prospect, so I think we can go that way, they will even do the matching ties etc. I just have to get Rob to pick the purple he wants.
Until next time, stay tuned to the same bat channel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home