Thursday, March 20, 2008

Creature of the night!

Oh my god, I am turning into my mother!

It’s nearly 4 am (4.30 by the time I post this!) and I think I have been up for about and hour and a half now.

I was tossing and turning and decided I needed to write a list of things that had to be done, that way it would stop churning in my head and maybe I could get some sleep!

Today is our last day at work (hooray!) and there are a few personal things to take care of before we no longer have access to the technological wonders of the modern age. So a rather long list I have made.

While I was writing all this, I also wrote everyone else’s schedules things they have to do, when we have to do them, and who with. It was kind of satisfying.

I also happened to think of a few other things to do (which was crap, because the list just got longer!)

Yesterday at work they gave us a wee afternoon tea. They even got us a present, which was totally unexpected (especially since I thought they were a bunch of self centered so and so’s) apparently not. Even the wicked witch of the east coast came along (mainly because she was in Adelaide) ah, well, anything for cake I suppose!

They got us a groovy eski tub thing that is bright red on a stand that had 6 bottles of plonk in there, yummy. Plus 6 wine glasses to go with it all. The melb team sent over a kind of Blue fuzzy beanie toy (called a Rebel) which is really cool, as it now solves the “something blue” dilemma. I think it will be appearing in most of the photos now! We may even take it Thailand to; I think it would look nice in a coco-nut cocktail shell!

Anyway, I have FINALLY finished my assignment; I just have to print it all out now. I got onto the bunch in Melb and they filled in some missing pieces for me, he even offered to read it. When I said it was due today, he said “ahhh” never mind says I, skim read it and make sure the technical details are ok! Good-o

Well, I suppose now its 9 more sleeps before I have to become a responsible citizen. What can I say to that?

It really feels surreal, it’s like it’s far away, and not going to happen for ages, but at the same time it’s next week. I suppose the reality won’t hit me until Sat morning, and I’ll wake up and think “shit! It’s happening!” Then it will be over, and we’ll be on our way to Thailand with matching rings.

There haven’t been tears as yet, but there have been a few head-banging moments.

Example 1 – we did the seating plan last night, there is a really cool program you enter in the names on the numbered line and it seats them around a table for you, then you print it all out.
Very simple.
You also get to make notes in the column next to the name, you know, vegetarian etc.
So we made notes of all the people we knew who didn’t eat curry, they are getting some special Salmon steak thing.
I asked Rob to call his folks to check about their relative’s dietry requirements.
Somehow it changed into “you can’t seat them together”, “put them at another table” “they will be out of their comfort zone etc etc”
I just wanted to know who wanted the farken fish!

Turns out, the in-laws had NO idea about who ate what, just goes to show what great communicators they are! Maybe I should seat them all together and they can learn something about each other… or we could play that wanky game where you have to find out 3 things about the person next to you and then introduce them to the crowd (just joking about that one – who cares? Honestly!)

Anyway, that’s enough, it’s almost time for me to ‘get up’ and take el-berto for his walk.

Stay tuned for the next head-banging moment for there are sure to be more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home