The Countdown begins!
It’s been ages since I have written, time is just totally escaping me at the moment, and this has also been coupled with a good dose of forgetfulness!
My brain seems to be so full of things I need to remember to do, that when I have to do something new, something old falls out!
Work has been bizarre. Crazily busy but there is a distinct lack of motivation on my part. I would rather be surfing the net trying to find a “hoop” to hold out my dress, or researching my major Uni assignment – Just how bad is Carbon for you if you breathe it in? (that‘s not the real name of the paper but the gist of it!)
I also turned another year older. Yay. My parents came to Adelaide and stayed for a week. My cousin also turns 21, so there is a big party for that.
They are going home on Monday, and then have to come back in 3 weeks.
Wedding RSVP’s are in, with some disappointing results. The main odd ball weirdo rellie accepted – but get this… he sent it to my mother! What a total fuck-knuckle! I don’t recall her address being on the invite anywhere. If you can’t follow simple instructions you don’t deserve a guernsey in my opinion. I think the only way to deal with it is put him on the most awful table in the furthest corner, we were thinking nearest to the toilet door but unfortunately the reception place has a corridor leading to that and everyone would have to walk past him to get there.
I just take comfort in the fact I will never have to see him again once this is over, which won’t make much difference as I never saw him much before either.
I had a couple of days off for the birthday which was nice. I actually think there should be a law; no-one should have to work their birthday. You should get a day off to slum around, sleep in and generally do things you like to do.
I tried to sleep in, but a postman came and woke me up to deliver a parcel (which was not for me!) It them seemed pointless going back to bed.
I had lunch in Glenelg with the folks and my snot-producing niece. She has some kind of lurgy (my sister also has it and she stayed in bed for a rest!) I never knew snot bubbles could be so amusing!
Then dad and I had a quick trip to Bunnings, then I spent the rest of the day finalising wedding stuff.
Flowers – all sorted out.
She made me a short black strong Italian Coffee which gave me a buzz (and palpitations) for the rest of the day .Weeeeeeee! (Not normally a coffee drinker!)
Dress – picked it up after alterations – all done.
I had to have the halter neck taken in, otherwise I would have been suffering huge “wardrobe malfunctions” she also tucked in the sides a bit and made the button hole to hook up the train.
I am not 100% sure about it all now, there appears to be a bit of rouge boning poking out a bit on the waist which is really bloody obvious and I am dead certain it was not there before. Maybe steaming might help it settle? If not, Photoshop will be used in all the photos. This numpty dressmaker works for the shop and she managed to get $90 out of me for 3 minor jobs.
Bridesmaid dresses – I called in there and ranted a bit about the “express” fees we had to pay to get them here by now, and the fact that they were not here was making me wonder about why we paid them in the first place.
They assure me it will be Tuesday, and we can pick them up on Wed. It better happen, that’s all I can say about that one!
I honestly thought getting frocks in Jan would be plenty of time, apparently not. We should have just had a road trip to Melbourne and bought them from another shop!
Shoes – Majella’s sage words of advice, once you buy your shoes don’t go back to the shop later on, they are always half the price you paid!
True.
We had a harbour town expedition for beautiful shoes. The shop I got mine from now has them at 50% off. Bastards! Anyway, we ended up with some pretty specky shoes for the ladies. Another successful job to cross off the list.
Hair – I had a hair trial last night, I am pretty happy with the concept, and it looked good for about an hour and a half. My main concern is my hair is pretty heavy. There is A LOT of it. If you try to put it up, you may as well get industrial staples to put in my scalp. That is the only way it will stay there! She didn’t use much product and said see how it goes, 2 hours later we were at dinner and it was sagging like old ladies boobs. I am not sure how to tackle this… maybe some slides instead of just 29 bobby pins and hair spray. We have a bunch of photos anyway so there will be no problems recreating it.
Uni – I did an intensive week back at the start of Feb. Part of this is handing in a massive paper (4000 words, not counting pictures and tables etc) by the 20th march. This way I don’t have to do any more uni work until next semester. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I have also changed my topic twice now. Heat stress was a bit too broad, and now my new topic - Carbon exposure, seems there is bugger all research on that! Crap!
This could be seen as
a) What a dumb topic to pick, there is no way she can write 4000 words on that or
b) Oooh, that was innovative, give her a HD!
We also have to finish the ‘rental’ before the wedding; otherwise his folks and brother will seriously be trying to do some work there the day before the event and most likely the morning of. I kid you not, trust me; they will want to go there.
I am fast finding out there are not enough hours in the day (let alone brain capacity) for this, the wedding, renovations and life in general as the critical meltdown approaches!
Eeeeeeeek!

1 Comments:
Just found your blog---thanks for making me feel not so alone! I've got a sister who tells me all of my wedding ideas are bad or can't be done, my mom has anxiety at baseline and is no help, and we still haven't found a caterer for June. It will probably be my hubby and his uncle cooking... At least my schooling is a post-MS certificate and I'll be done for the semester the first week of May. :) Keep your chin up!
Post a Comment
<< Home