Things that make you go hmmmmmmm....
Well, what can I say ? It's been a week of surprises, some good, some of them way crap.
I am not sure when you are supposed to have a 'mid-life' crisis (presumably in the middle somewhere ...) but one of my bestest ever friends has announced her departure from this great country, land of decent wine, nice weather, sunny sandy beaches, and boys with bronzed bodies, in favour of crap weather, cold water fronts, boys with accents and pasty white skin, and imported Aussie crap wine. (ok, so they get all the good European stuff .... )
So, as soon as everything is settled, it's off she goes. For good ???? Who knows she says.
I can understand the move though, it's been a year now, and I keep telling her to finalise her divorce before she heads off. You do get in a kind of a rut and need to break out of it, but bloody hell .. it's a long way to go ... can't you just go to Darwin or the Gold Coast like the rest of us ?!?
Ah ... good luck to you! I hope you find what you are looking for, and if you do find it, share some with me!
Hence we are going to spend some 'quality' time together over the next few days, in other words drink way too much wine, go perve on boys and watch chick flicks.
I had intended to be camping in the great outdoors, doing much the same thing (apart from the chick flicks) with the 'gang' but alas, camping will be done later. Monday I intend to toddle up to Clare to catch El Rancho and meet up with the gang and see how the wilderness was.
I am sure it will be a shit hot weekend for getting out and about .. I saw the multitudes leaving tonight as I was coming home from work, boats, caravans, kids, dogs .. The works! So much traffic!
I presume my crap arse noisy neighbor's are off, as I saw all their stuff piled up against the doorway tonight, thank god! Hope they are gone for good and I can start sleeping in my room again! The spare bed is kind of comfy .. but I like mine best!
My course yesterday was fun ... Especially lunch, Italian and lots of wine! Made the arvo session funny, as that was our practical exam ... Hilarious stuff, locking each other in the sound proof booth (which wasn't that sound proof) and testing each other's hearing ... Mine was pretty good!
All in all, a nice day away from the Country Club.
So today I decided to test my new found skills and managed to blow up the booth.
I turned on the light (it was dark in there!) and then thought to myself ... hmmm, the light is on, it will get hot in there ... I'll put the exhaust fan on. Big mistake. Ka boom! Fizzle etc, plume of smoke. Much giggling and saying of "oh shit"
End of that great idea.
We had it checked out and removed the fan off the top of the booth, funnily enough, it had no blades, and didn't seem to be attatched to anything .. as in no holes or vents. Makes you wonder why it was there in the first place ? Odd. But then again, not much is taking me by surprise this week!
Those 50 Audios will just have to wait!
Hope I don't forget what I am meant to do .. I kind of need to do something after I learn it, or I am likely to forget shit!
Righteo, back to the Goodies ... I got their Second Helping DVD, classic stuff indeed!
....do, do, do the funky gibbon ......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home