Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The goal posts move ... again!

Well, bugger me.

I thought I had it under control but the Flu vaccination saga drags on ... and on.... and on!

A couple of drug companies call me today, which was nice. The were "advising" me on the quiet that there is a major shortage of vaccine .. ie they have none left, and my supplier has only one type left, and not that much of it. This is so we can get in early and avoid major panic and brown trousers at trillions of science boffins screaming "where's my flu shot!"
So, according to the new rules, the contracting company is meant to handling all this. I still haven't heard when they are coming, who they are or anything.
I ask my boss ... do you know anything about this ? he say's nope! Call the grand poo-bah in Melb.
I call the grand poo-bah, and politely inform him of the situation, he says he's having a bad day!
This is where it get's interesting ...
He then says, they have a lot of money to get rid of, hence the decision to get in outside help, fair enough .. I can live with that.
He then says they found a company that will do all national sites, great I say.
I ask, who is it and when can I organise dates etc, reminding him of the impending shortage ... alot of umm's and urrr's going on. He does not know the name of the company. Someone else apparantly does. Now comes the big handball.
Oh, that's for your boss and the melb one to sort out between themselves what they are doing ...

*scream*

Back to square one. So the story changes several times ... kind of reminds me of the nationals in PNG, they had several sorties as to where their safety boots went, all of them as entertaining as the last! But at least I could tell them to go away and never darken my door again!

I will just go and quietly bang my head on the desk for a while ....

1 Comments:

At 3:25 pm, Blogger James said...

This is what most big organisations are like. The big S especially.

Don't let it get to you, you'll end up on stress leave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home