Equity and Diversity my arse!
Well, this week really sucked arse at work.
Not only did I discover the real "agenda" so to speak, I found out what complete wankers most public service employees really are. I am not saying that ALL public servants are knobs, but there is a fairly high concentration of social retard-ism happeing where I work.
Firstly - Gripe One. I have been busy organising a national Immunisation programme for Flu this year, I did alot of ground work, came up with, what I thought, was a way groovy package that a) saved Jo Taxpayer alot of dosh and b) kept, afore mentioned nerds and wankers pretty happy to.
But NO. It was all ready to roll out the door on Thursday and some King Knob in Melb and Can't-berra, put a big fat lid on it. Well, was I flabbergasted or what? They then decided in their infinite wisdom to bring in contractors (not that I have anything against them, I used to be one!) to vaccinate all sites at astronomical costs, where as before I could do it and save them $$$. Go figure I say.... Along with a number of other more harsh expletives. Stunned mullet was the expression there.
Hence I am now left with the distinct impression that my work is very much undervalued, and I am a 'token' position so to speak. I wasted 5 weeks on this alledged 'project' and all for naught!
I then discover that I have become some pawn in a political battle of the divisions. Screw you I say. Take me back oh wise and wonderful Private sector!
Secondly I have now become a target for some stressed out middle age male with nothing better to do than wander around the car park looking for something to upset him.
a) why isn't he doing work like the rest of us (oh that's right, it's the public service!) *slaps forehead*
b) how do the hell do you tell a bloke like this, politely, to build a bridge and get over it ?
apparently my Ute is "offensive" and should not be allowed to be on site. or I have to remove all it's stickers.
Fcuk you I say!
1. My Ute is a mode of transport, it stays in the car park, it's NOT in your office.
2. There are NO rude words on there. Some of it may imply, or be innuendo, but half the time people don't even understand it!
3. You have to really walk up to it, stand at the back window and read it. You can't read the words if you are near the tailgate.
There is another Ute on site and his is WAY worse than mine, he's got a sticker on it of Aust with big letters saying "F... off we're full" And they say MINE is offensive! Ha!
Everyone I tell laughs and says "you're kidding?" but no, this is a serious matter, this whole Equity and diversity Policy is a very powerful thing. Basically set up for REAL situations that require it, such as bullying by bosses etc, but to victimize me because of what freakin' car I choose to drive and how I choose to adorn it, it's surely my choice and no one else's. As far as I know, the place we work is pretty bloody big. I am sure he doesn't HAVE to walk past it.
So far he has done everything by the book, approaching me, but then didn't as I was actually doing REAL work and attending my patients, so then he corners my supervisor, and whines to him, who then has to tell me. I get mighty peeved and my supervisors runs away from my office in fear of a red head temper tantrum! I was so angry !!! That a whiney little wiener like that decides to make trouble over a f-cukin' car for crying out loud! What avenue do I have ? I am NOT going to take them off, they bring many other NORMAL well adjusted people a giggle, and even my own mother does not think they are offensive, and she can be a bit prude- ish at times!
You be the judge ..

Righteo ... I washed my offensive Ute today and had a read and a good laugh again. No way are they really offensive, and if you don't like it ... don't farken read it! I am not standing there forcing you to, so ... bite me!
Sorry If I offended anyone with my little rant, but it's my blog so bugger ye off and get ye a life!

2 Comments:
Good on you Lou!!!
Stick it up em. Karma will come and bite him on the arse one day. Just ask me next time we are together and I'll tell you TWO good stories on Karma, involving previous work places.
By the way great picture, almost forgot to look at the view...
lea
tell him to piss off. i had my shoot ferrals ripped off my car before my very eyes by some tree hugging hippy who was having a bad day. your ute, do with it what you want. you go girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home