Thank god it's Friday
Thank God, thank whoever! I am just so happy it's the end of the week!
I now totally appreciate the weekend, or looking forward to it! Somehow your sapped reserves of energy that are rock bottom when you get out of bed on Friday morning and haul arse to work, become boundless the closer you get to knock off time. (sometimes falsely giving the impression that you are actually being productive)
Gee up! I drove like a demon to get into town tonight (all within the speed limit of course ... Not) Even though it was only to do some retail therapy, non the less, fairly enjoyable, and reasonably amusing. I stood and watched balloon man in the central market while I tried to make up my mind about getting the coffee or sun dried tomatos (coffee won out in the end, we need that to make work more fun) I really liked the blue suit he wears!
So I survived my first 'real' week of work without too much drama, and discovered the bloke sitting across from me at lunch today, who tried out for Big Brother, also went to the same High School, small world eh ? That makes 3 of us from the same class, now working for the same 'organisation' in our 30's. How bizarre! What's really strange is that I was only looking at our year 12 photos the other day, trying to determine which ones to scrapbook and which ones to put in a vault - labeled "bad hair photos" The 80's were a cruel decade to the fashion wanna-be's!
Ha! you can have more contact with old school friends at my work than you can registering on "Friends re-united!" or one of those similar sites.
Righteo, looks like I am camping in the guest room tonight, seeing we have white-trailor-park trash from Broken Hill staying next door (still) this is the 3rd night running they have been noisy bastards, and if I don't get some quality sleep they are going to find out what a cranky red head can do, so far I have a fantasy that I have a gun rack in the Ute, but alas I don't, so I relent and sleep elsewhere.
Anyway I must get my beauty sleep, to look my best for the Ute show tomm. Taking my Ute for a wee drive in the country. Should be a laugh and a half in hicks-ville!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home